This will take some getting used to

That will be changing soon. I'd say in the next year or two.

Then purists like me will bitch about people being too drunk at the games. There's something about the air around Kinnick that allows people to drink at 3x normal speed, so you'll have guys totally smashed at 11 and then drinking for the balance of the game. It's actually a bit of a public safety concern because people need the games to sober up for the drive home.

Then purists like me will bitch about people being too drunk at the games. There's something about the air around Kinnick that allows people to drink at 3x normal speed, so you'll have guys totally smashed at 11 and then drinking for the balance of the game. It's actually a bit of a public safety concern because people need the games to sober up for the drive home.

Nah, the proles won't be able to afford too many $14 beers. You'll be fine.

I dunno - I do agree that a lot of people use it to sober up. Lord know's I have. I've also just sneaked the booze in and drank through the game anyways. I think it might actually STOP some people from thinking that they have to hit it so hard before the game, because they can get it inside. It would definitely be something that might curb those people who are bringing in airplane bottles of booze? Maybe? I dunno. I just think that it's not going to suddenly be a drunk fest, but maybe I am wrong. Also, these are gonna $10 beers at least, not dollar beer night. Most people who want to drink one and enjoy one will and they are gonna pay through the nose for it. There obviously will also be people who abuse it to, I just don't think it's gonna be crazy.

Our punter this year is going to be Reggie Roby 2.0 ... and hopefully rarely used.

View attachment 3872
On a side note, Iowa's punter during the late '80's/early '90's, Jim Hujsak, is the little league coach for New Hampshire. They talked about him on the game today. The play-by-play guy brought it up and the color guy said that he had to be a lineman, because that's what Iowa has. Jim's kid is definitely a lineman.

My first thought was that he was bad. Then I looked up his stats and "bad" is generous.

DkKWrsnW4AEbeMn.jpg:large

So will Kinnick be louder because of this? It certainly is higher and seems more imposing.
It’s way steeper too. That alone will make it louder.

The problem is as much in the flat pitch...as the open corners. But that would help.

I still don't get what's with the huge exit tunnels in the new North End Zone.
Our south end zone is like the Rose Bowl only without all the cool history and stuff.

And yeah, the tunnels are a flop. The images showed seats up to the height of the blank spots between tunnels too and they didn’t do that.

Our south end zone is like the Rose Bowl only without all the cool history and stuff.

And yeah, the tunnels are a flop. The images showed seats up to the height of the blank spots between tunnels too and they didn’t do that.

Who the f*** designs these things. That's pathetic. More importantly, isn't there somebody who reviews these things who should say "Uh...no...fix that".

On a side note, Iowa's punter during the late '80's/early '90's, Jim Hujsak, is the little league coach for New Hampshire. They talked about him on the game today. The play-by-play guy brought it up and the color guy said that he had to be a lineman, because that's what Iowa has. Jim's kid is definitely a lineman.

My first thought was that he was bad. Then I looked up his stats and "bad" is generous.
Hujsak was not one of our better punters. Everyone remembers the tOSU loss in 1990 when we were ranked fourth or something like that. Bobby Olive caught two late fourth quarter TD's, burning Merton Hanks on the slant a la Marvin McNutt vs MSU, scoring with two seconds left. Both scores were set up by poor Hujsak punts, the second one fair caught at midfield by Jeff Graham after going only twenty five yards.

Latest posts