This will get your mind on Iowa Football

JonDMiller

Publisher/Founder
Since Wednesday marks the 100 days til kickoff, get back in the mood!

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8OpIHW6B2WY]YouTube - ‪The Swarm: 2010 Iowa-ISU Intro‬‏[/ame]

Sorry JD, bince November, there have been like 4 fall days, 3 spring days, 2 summer days and the rest have been winter days. Let's hope the mercury can stay in the mid 50's for 5 straight days before we start getting all worried about football.

Sorry JD, bince November, there have been like 4 fall days, 3 spring days, 2 summer days and the rest have been winter days. Let's hope the mercury can stay in the mid 50's for 5 straight days before we start getting all worried about football.

LOL. Truth in that no doubt.

I like how their cue is when the crowd roars over the truck. It's kind of a warm-up for going on the right snap count.

Not that I have a problem with it but anyone ever wonder how McNutt always got front row with the seniors? Is he just that bada**?

Any chance they cut Back in Black down to 2 or 3 minutes? Do we really need a guitar solo??

I prefer this one
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xPIRXdZZoVg&feature=related]YouTube - ‪Kinnick Stadium Entrance‬‏[/ame]

Any chance they cut Back in Black down to 2 or 3 minutes? Do we really need a guitar solo??

I was actually hoping they would change it altogether. I love tradition, but that song came out I wanna say in 1980, 13 years before the incoming freshmen were born and probably before their parents got married. Not that it's a brand new song, but I've always thought "Walk" by Pantera would be a perfect fit. Rocking beat, perfect lyrics for our team mentality, and the chorus is basically made to be shouted in unison by loud fans.

Too bad it was the last game, before the Insight Bowl, were the O, D, special teams and coaching prowess all showed up in the same game (ok ok sans MSU)

I love it Jon. The entrance is one of my favorite parts. I have to be in my seat before it starts! No lolly gagging. Of course my other favorite part is the beer polka at the end.:D

My daughter got married last Saturday and she had the dj play Back in Black for the wedding party to come in to the reception. It was perfect!

Pantera...will never be played in kinnick stadium.

Not really sure why. We play AC/DC, Metallica, and Rolling Stones, all of whom have much more impressive records of sex, drugs, and debauchery than Pantera. Outside of lead singer Phil Anselmo, they really not that bad of a bunch. I could see not playing "Goddamn Electric" or "F-ing Hostile," but Walk doesn't even have that harsh of lyrics.

The best thing about the SWARM is no else does it. (As far as I know?)

It's about controlled frenzy, power and aggression.

Nothing like it else where... mostly running thru smoke and fire works, a banner or two... all contrived....

All the while the visitors mellow out in the pink locker room... also nowhere else in college football.

IOWA FOOTBALL... traditions and excellence like no others!

They definitely need to cut Back in Black at the point where the instrumental part starts. Way to long after that when the guys actually swarm onto the field. It is almost awkward...thinking to myself that they stand there for a long time. Of course being at the game it doesn't feel that way but the entrance would be perfect to stop Back in Black at the guitar part and start the video then. I say the guys stay in the tunnel until the video starts too.

Goosebumps ... Bring on The Swarm ...

D'oh!! Now I'm too pumped for football! Thanks Jon! ;)

I hear you DMHawki! There was nothing that gets the blood pumping, like seeing KF & Clayborn walking down the tunnel the last couple years. Number 94 will be replaced with the next man in...

Thankfully summer is in between now and kickoff, if it were any other time of year I would go bonkers!!

Latest posts