This week will be the start of a new team

hawkinn3

Hawks will be rabid after the captain gets done tearing them a new one this week. I fully expect a beating of epic proportions.

Team knows its mortal and now its time to get angry and hungry. Prove em all wrong Hawks and start by sending Ball State home in a stretcher.

It's time for the upper classmen to instill some of the "this is how you prepare" mentality in the younger guys. It is vital that we don't get caught in another down cycle because the younger guys don't understand what it takes.

I'm not saying it's going to happen, but that is the kind of leadership we need. The fact that Kirk has said that they had put a lot of emphasis on the kicking game in practice and we still laid an egg has me wondering what's up. The younger guys usually see action on special teams first. I have read a number of people suggest we need to put starters back on special teams but how do we get the younger guys any game experience if we do that?

Fortunately I think the coaches are going to be quicker to recognize that now.

This is the ironic post of the year.

C'mon peeps....with this team...these seniors...our system...our coach...do we really really need to be the underdog, close ranks and rally...again?

That schtick grows weary with me

This is the ironic post of the year.

C'mon peeps....with this team...these seniors...our system...our coach...do we really really need to be the underdog, close ranks and rally...again?

That schtick grows weary with me

Hey I don't like it anymore then you do but that is the way it is now. All the respect and hype we had from the national media is gone and we dropped 9 freaking spots in the polls. We are the underdog we are probably being picked to finish 4th or worse in the Big Ten now.

Hey I don't like it anymore then you do but that is the way it is now. All the respect and hype we had from the national media is gone and we dropped 9 freaking spots in the polls. We are the underdog we are probably being picked to finish 4th or worse in the Big Ten now.
My post wasn't directed at you Hawkinn.

The "Bullies of the Big 10" shouldn't have to circle the wagons and play the underdog role...not this year...not with this team...not after what we did last year with essentially the same team.

Next year...yes...this year...for once...I was hoping we'd carry the big stick and whack everybody hard. Guess our program won't ever get to that level.

I agree I think Iowa will come back and play very well this week. They ran into a buzz saw saturday night. They were facing a team who was very very underated. Arizona has two of the best DE's in college and those guys made Iowa's OLINE work their tails off. Arizona offense did exactly what it wanted to do on that final drive, short passes to the underneath guys. They knew Iowa would be in deep 2 and all they had to do was hit the short pass.

Its better to lose now than in late November, Iowa has the chance to run the table and come December their only loss will be to a very good Arizona team on the road.

I agree I think Iowa will come back and play very well this week. They ran into a buzz saw saturday night. They were facing a team who was very very underated. Arizona has two of the best DE's in college and those guys made Iowa's OLINE work their tails off. Arizona offense did exactly what it wanted to do on that final drive, short passes to the underneath guys. They knew Iowa would be in deep 2 and all they had to do was hit the short pass.

Its better to lose now than in late November, Iowa has the chance to run the table and come December their only loss will be to a very good Arizona team on the road.

The Hawks got hurt when they put their hand in the buzz saw, moreso than the buzz saw doing damage on its own.