This week reminds me of last year

IowaFanSince82

Iowa ranked in the top 10 in the nation.
MSU struggling early, now have found their stride

This week kind of reminds me of Iowa vs PSU last year. PSU came in and was talking about the Rose Bowl and undefeated season and what not. The hawkeyes knocked them off their perch and started a winning streak!

Iowa really needs to come ready to play sat night. That atmosphere is gonna be crazy and the hawks never have played good at spartan stadium. I just pray we can play good enough to win and get out of there! I will take a 1pt win or 30pt win, just as long as it is a win! MSU is playing very well and they scare me! I think they will give us a great game! I just hope we come out of the gates and don't lay an egg up at MSU!

Iowa ranked in the top 10 in the nation.
MSU struggling early, now have found their stride

This week kind of reminds me of Iowa vs PSU last year. PSU came in and was talking about the Rose Bowl and undefeated season and what not. The hawkeyes knocked them off their perch and started a winning streak!

Iowa really needs to come ready to play sat night. That atmosphere is gonna be crazy and the hawks never have played good at spartan stadium. I just pray we can play good enough to win and get out of there! I will take a 1pt win or 30pt win, just as long as it is a win! MSU is playing very well and they scare me! I think they will give us a great game! I just hope we come out of the gates and don't lay an egg up at MSU!

Agreed. If we play solid football and stop their passing attack, we should win. No turnovers.

Iowa has been playing incredible football on the road this year, I know MSU has been a house of horrors for us in the past, this year I believe is different.
This team will play very well against MSU this year.
As long as Lee Corso picks MSU to win.

MSU losses aren't looking too bad. CMU is ranked like 30th in the polls and only has lost at Arizona. ND isn't that bad and neither is Wisky.

CMU = Pitt from last year?
Wisky = NW from last year?
ND = MSU from last year?

Their D seems to have found its footing a bit. Their passing O is very solid. We are gonna need some picks from our D and no TO's or only 1 from us.

The UNI game got the Hasks settled after starting the season ranked. The Arkansas State game got them settled after the Penn State victory. No more wake up calls. They could lose to any of the teams left on the schedule incluidng Northwestern, Minnesota, and Indiana. They will be favored and will be targeted, but their destiny is in their hands. Go Hawks!

Iowa will win this game if we minimize our turnovers and make a couple big plays. I believe the hawks will be ready to play.

MSU is really, really, really over-rated..

Unless the Hawks go up there and completely lay an egg, they should win by two touchdowns

The game against Wiskie was the big hurdle...not concerned about this weekend in the least

With all of the recent success this team has gotten, I think it will be very interesting to see how we perform as the hunted opposed to being the hunters. We've been on the big stage a few times this year but not in this role. PSU we were underdogs, and I feel against Wisky we didn't have that "Top 10" allure that I think we're starting to gain. I just think it will be very telling to see how our guys adjust to being in this new found "favorite" role, week in and week out.

I don't think Ferentz's teams worry about being "the hunted." They worry about executing on offense and pummeling people on defense. That tends to minimize that psychological BS. Sometimes it takes them a quarter or two to buckle down but eventually they wake up and get with the program.

If Iowa's players focus intensely on the moment on each play, they will win all of their remaining games.

I wouldn't go that far, the PSU game last year was at the end of the year.

There is still a lot of things this team needs to work on to become a complete team. #1 would be the OLine play.