This was not perfect..

GoldKey

..and we need to be pretty much perfect and get breaks to have any chance against the #6 team on their home court.

Score was 16-12 Purdue. We miss a good 3. another good 3, a layup and put back, a bad three and a good 3. During this stretch, Purdue score 2 buckets, one a turn around fade away.

Game over. Not that we would have done any better the rest of the way, or the score would have been different. But that is too tough to overcome and sealed any chance at that point.

So what you are saying is that if we miss a few baskets on the road and get behind 7 to 9 points, Iowa is beat?

That is the most foolish thing I have ever heard. If that is the case then Iowa just needs to quit when it gets behind, throw in the towel, and we as fans can just say, "Oh, well we are on the road, we shouldn't expect our team to compete against the number 6 team in the country. We are rebuilding and shouldn't expect anything from Lickliter is that what you are saying? Purdue is just TOO GOOD for Iowa to play and if we get behind by a few points...game over."

I guess that is how far our program has sunk to Iowa fans these days and how low expectations are these days. Expectations...none. If we are on the road and get behind a few points, we should EXPECT to get beat and that's that, huh.

Isn't that nice from a once proud Iowa program...some of you are unbelievable.

With the 3-point play, teams are hardly ever out of a game anymore. Fifteen points is nothing to catch up...we see it all the time.

But Iowa, now that is a different story because of Lickliter's style of play. If you play keepaway slowdown bb, yes, a 10-point deficit is going to be difficult to reduce. Perhaps that is ONE problem with a stlye like Lickliter's and his refusal to adjust offenses and defenses as a game progresses and staying with just ONE style continuously.

If Iowa gets behind playing lick ball, they are basically screwed...

I think that is what you mean...they have to play perfect bb all the time because if they get behind, they just cannot catch up playing lick ball.

I have to admit, that is quite an offense to hang you hat on...having to be perfect every game, all game or you are screwed unless you are playing a bottom feeder like Iowa. Even then you cannot get behind or you are screwed...

Man I love this offense... I can't wait until the day Iowa players play perfect bb every game...if they lose, we can just say, well they weren't perfect that day. That will explain everything.

You seem like a fairly tightly wound, anxious fellow.

I don't think it is a stetch to say, when any team who has struggled like Iowa has, to say we can't let anything slip when we play the number 6 team in the country at their home court. If it helps, pretend this is any other Iowa HS team playing Ames, just for an example.

I think the coaches would emphasize the importance of doing the little things and having no lapses (sometimes referred to as playing "perfect").

We didn't. IMO there was no chance after that stretch I mention to pull an upset or keep it interesting longer. Of course, we compunded that stretch with 7 TOs on 8 possessions or something like that.

I was pointing out a point where we could have kept it closer for some time but we didn't.

Have you tried green tea?

Latest posts