This too shall pass...

BlckNGldHwk

Warning: intellectual information coming up.

Don't worry my fellow Hawks...for this too shall pass.

Side Note: "this too shall pass" is commonly mistaken as a verse from the Bible. Though the concept is fixated upon by King Solomon in the book of Ecclesiastes in his laments of having lived a life filled with everything yet it all meant nothing in the end. I digress...

Sports Fans Remember Victories Better Than Defeats: Study

Given our human nature it will only be a matter of time before the disappointment of the past 12 games will be a mere side note in our minds.

"People seem to remember positive events, not necessarily because of the experience, but because it is rehearsed more -- we think about and share the experience instead of dwelling on the negative," Martin Safer, a psychologist at the Catholic University of America, said in a journal news release.

"What happens after the event, such as the social factors of telling friends about the game, or seeing reminders of your team's winning year on sports paraphernalia is important. These things serve as memory cues and prompt rehearsal of the positive event," explained fellow study author and psychologist Carolyn Breslin.

So while the sting of losing to one of the worst Big Ten teams in the last 20 years hurts now, it won't be long before we're back to remembering our Hawks for the great memories they have provided.

Stanzi to McNutt at Michigan State.
Clayborn blocking a Penn St punt and housing it for 6.
Stanzi driving to the south endzone on a cold November evening to set up a game winning kick from Daniel Murray over #3 ranked and undefeated Penn St.
Tyler MF Sash's Trick or Treat vs Indiana
Tyler MF Sash's pick and pitch against Michigan State
Tate to Holloway

I wouldn't trade any of those awesome memories and seasons to erase the disappointments we have experienced over the years. At the end of the day, it might be frustrating, but I will always love this team because it won't be long before they give me another awesome memory to share with my kids and their kids through the years.

Pretty good but it's not really healthy to only live in the past. I love the Hawks and probably go back farther than you, 70's, and will always love the Hawks. The pain will pass because time heals all wounds. We will have good days, like the memories you listed and bad days like last week. Live with it or you just come off as a really bad loser, not Black and Gold but several of the other posters around here.

AttackoftheHawks!!

Pretty good but it's not really healthy to only live in the past. I love the Hawks and probably go back farther than you, 70's, and will always love the Hawks. The pain will pass because time heals all wounds. We will have good days, like the memories you listed and bad days like last week. Live with it or you just come off as a really bad loser, not Black and Gold but several of the other posters around here.

AttackoftheHawks!!

Agreed. Good or bad, remember that it already happened and can't be changed. Enjoy the good. Learn from the bad. move forward.

bobcatIA
Amen!
I wouldn't trade those memories for anything.
No matter how the season unfolds my son and I are going to the Mich St game and you better believe that we are going to try to pop Sparty's ear drums. For all the Moriarties with the negative waves, they can suck it! - In my family we only Bleed Black and Gold.
LETS GO IOWA!!!- clap-clap...clap-clap-clap

Tell that to people that remember Ronnie Harmon. Boston fans who is Bill Buckner. I can find psychological research that contradicts this all day long. It would boil down to who is more credible and this college is more well known therefore more credible:
Negative Emotion Enhances
Memory Accuracy

I appreciate what you are trying to do but do not bring that weak crap and label it intellectual.

Last edited:
Tell that to people that remember Ronnie Harmon. Boston fans who is Bill Buckner. I can find psychological research that contradicts this all day long. It would boil down to who is more credible and this college is more well known therefore more credible:
Negative Emotion Enhances
Memory Accuracy

I appreciate what you are trying to do but do not bring that weak crap and label it intellectual.

You must be a ton of fun at parties.:rolleyes:

I was at one point. I have become disgruntled with pretty much everyone so I choose only to leave negative comments on message boards instead of interacting with the outside world.

Didn't Gandolph say this too shall pass to the Kracken in Lord of the Dance. Go Hawks! My day of teaching is over I have no intellectuals left!!!!

good post, it's about the good memories and backing your team, win or loose, i'm a hawk, they are my states team and that be it.

Warning: intellectual information coming up.

Don't worry my fellow Hawks...for this too shall pass.

Side Note: "this too shall pass" is commonly mistaken as a verse from the Bible. Though the concept is fixated upon by King Solomon in the book of Ecclesiastes in his laments of having lived a life filled with everything yet it all meant nothing in the end. I digress...

Sports Fans Remember Victories Better Than Defeats: Study

Given our human nature it will only be a matter of time before the disappointment of the past 12 games will be a mere side note in our minds.

"People seem to remember positive events, not necessarily because of the experience, but because it is rehearsed more -- we think about and share the experience instead of dwelling on the negative," Martin Safer, a psychologist at the Catholic University of America, said in a journal news release.

"What happens after the event, such as the social factors of telling friends about the game, or seeing reminders of your team's winning year on sports paraphernalia is important. These things serve as memory cues and prompt rehearsal of the positive event," explained fellow study author and psychologist Carolyn Breslin.

So while the sting of losing to one of the worst Big Ten teams in the last 20 years hurts now, it won't be long before we're back to remembering our Hawks for the great memories they have provided.

Stanzi to McNutt at Michigan State.
Clayborn blocking a Penn St punt and housing it for 6.
Stanzi driving to the south endzone on a cold November evening to set up a game winning kick from Daniel Murray over #3 ranked and undefeated Penn St.
Tyler MF Sash's Trick or Treat vs Indiana
Tyler MF Sash's pick and pitch against Michigan State
Tate to Holloway

I wouldn't trade any of those awesome memories and seasons to erase the disappointments we have experienced over the years. At the end of the day, it might be frustrating, but I will always love this team because it won't be long before they give me another awesome memory to share with my kids and their kids through the years.

This just alienated 93.876% of this board.

Latest posts