This team needs less Oglesby

Good thing Josh is the only thing wrong offensively with Iowa and another thread about his shooting and playing time has been started...thank you

Ogelsby only brings one thing to the table and when he's not shooting well or even shooting there's no reason to play him.

Ogelsby only brings one thing to the table and when he's not shooting well or even shooting there's no reason to play him.

Well, I guess if that is all one focuses on with them then I agree, but he does well enough in other areas, but that is forgotten.

Well, I guess if that is all one focuses on with them then I agree, but he does well enough in other areas, but that is forgotten.

Yeah. I think he needs fewer minutes for awhile, but the posts calling him out are getting old. Especially when they include things like "he's a defensive liability." I can't recall seeing him running around lost or getting broken down repeatedly on defense. Also, his 3-pt percentage is two percent below the team's. Yes, that's not good, but he's not sabotaging the team either.

What does he do well? There's a reason he was the only Hawk with a negative plus minus rating during the non-conf season. He's in there to make 3's, if he's not doing that, there are much better options out there. When the best compliment you can give JO is that he's a not a defensive liability, it's time to give his minutes to someone else.

No he doesn't.

Ok.

Here is something, he understands his role on the team, but he isn't executing it.

Too bad some other players don't understand their roles.

Defensively he understands how to play, offensively he is shooting bad and his drive was plain awful.

I think he could get less minutes and if he can't hit a shot or two when he gets his first opportunity, may as well go with Ingram from that point on, or just shorten the bench.

What does he do well? There's a reason he was the only Hawk with a negative plus minus rating during the non-conf season. He's in there to make 3's, if he's not doing that, there are much better options out there. When the best compliment you can give JO is that he's a not a defensive liability, it's time to give his minutes to someone else.

A thread like this gets started after every Iowa loss, like that is all that is wrong with Iowa.

Oglesby should have his scholly pulled, he shouldn't see the floor, he should transfer, he should...

blah, blah, blah

A thread like this gets started after every Iowa loss, like that is all that is wrong with Iowa.

Oglesby should have his scholly pulled, he shouldn't see the floor, he should transfer, he should...

blah, blah, blah

I agree, it's just his lack of confidence make it incredibly obvious that he shouldn't be playing at this point.

Oglesby = Bauwinkle.

And we all remember him, right? Right?

Bawinkle was more limited than Eric May in the area of basketball skill, so you are slightly off in that comparison. Sometimes I wondered if Bawinkle knew who had the ball.

The hate toward O is astounding. There are plenty of problems with others, starting with coaching. You will win and lose as a team.

Kirk has given you guys the the butthurt. Since we all know the football team is a loss for the next 5-10 years people have put too much stock in the basketball team.

I vote for reducing Josh's minutes, but for a slightly different reason than what has already been mentioned. Overall, I think Fran needs to shorten the rotation. It just seems like the team's long scoring droughts are partially due to a lack of chemistry or understanding of roles. Reduce the rotation to about 8 players, with reduced time for Oglesby and McCabe.

Latest posts