This team is dead to me.

Yeah, 'cause USC is a REAL world-beater this year. Please, their defense is AWFUL. Losing to Notre Dame says WAY more about USC than it does about the Irish.

Our team just lost to a Minnesota team that was 0-6 at home.

I'd refrain from the trash talking of the Irish on this one.

Because I graduated from Iowa, pay them thousands per year, and don't blindly accept mediocrity.

Why the hell are you?

If you don't want to support the program, then don't. But feel free to stop coming to message boards that are meant to be forums to discuss the team. Because you don't want to support them in any way, shape, or form.

Our team just lost to a Minnesota team that was 0-6 at home.

I'd refrain from the trash talking of the Irish on this one.

The Irish are still awful. USC is average. Which pretty much makes your "bad timing" comment irrelevant. Beating an average USC team (bad by USC standards), doesn't show any kind of improvement on the Irish's part.

If you don't want to support the program, then don't. But feel free to stop coming to message boards that are meant to be forums to discuss the team. Because you don't want to support them in any way, shape, or form.

I don't want to reward gutless mediocrity.

And I'm not alone.

I don't want to reward gutless mediocrity.

And I'm not alone.

As long as there is even just ONE player who didn't quit, who gutted it out, who gave it their all no matter what, we owe it to that one player to support them. And there were a few players who gave it everything they had yesterday. Didn't look like many, but there were a few.

As long as there is even just ONE player who didn't quit, who gutted it out, who gave it their all no matter what, we owe it to that one player to support them. And there were a few players who gave it everything they had yesterday. Didn't look like many, but there were a few.

Yeah. DJK. McNutt. Those two always show up. They'd show up even more if the moronic offensive schemers would get the ball in their hands on a more regular basis.

I'm way more disgusted with the coaches than I am with any of the players.

Yeah. DJK. McNutt. Those two always show up. They'd show up even more if the moronic offensive schemers would get the ball in their hands on a more regular basis.

I'm way more disgusted with the coaches than I am with any of the players.

So don't watch the game for the coaches. Support DJK and McNutt. Add Robinson to the list if he plays in the Bowl, as well as Reisner, Coker, and Morse.

Yeah, you're "supporting the coaches" by watching. But it's better to give a benefit to the unworthy (in your opinion) than to shortchange those who deserve the benefit.

1) Send a very loud and clear message to the herd that giving up, that not playing your hardest, is simply not acceptable. Was it just me or have the Iowa football players the last two or three games looked more like Todd Lickliter's teams?

Yes, which led me to the belief that Ferentz lost the team this year with his approach that was obviosly not working.

We kept losing the same way and wouldn't adjust.

Players start to tune you out if you keep preaching something that proves to be ineffective and not changing it up or adapting.

Tweeter...would you seriously not want your younger guys to get more practices and a chance for Hawk fans to take a vacation? How do you know the team wouldn't bounce back and end on a good note with some good momentum? Some of you Hawk fans are the most fickle fans I've ever seen. 3 months ago there was 12 and 0 talk on this site as well as how great KF was and that he deserves the money he gets.

I really could care less about Iowa but you should support your team.

Do you honestly think extending this season one more month to play in a minor bowl is going to cure one thing that's wrong with this program? I sure don't. It appears that KF has lost the team, at least the senior leadership. So why reward mediocrity in play, effort and commitment? That's the same rigid, inside-the-box, "we've always done it that way" thinking that led U.S. automakers to continue pushing sub-standard products at the consumer, and ultimately led to the demise of many of them.

Iowa fans have traveled well in the past, but after this season I'm not so sure there won't be a considerable drop-off.

It's time to re-tool, it seems to me. Send the message to the returning players and incoming freshmen that this team is all about competing, that no one is guaranteed a starting spot or to even see the field, regardless of their class seniority. Make the changes that are needed now: staffing, offensive and defensive philosphies, schemes, recruiting focus.

The 2011 season began when the final horn sounded in Minneapolis.

The coaching staff lost the team after the Ohio St game...

Hmmm... what happened in Bloomington and Evanston, then. Seems like a lot of folks here are surprised this happened in Minneapolis. I am not at all. I was in Bloomington for the first "yawner".

We will never know what happened to this year's team, but they were obviously rudderless after MSU.

The athletic dept. ran with the high expectations thing, but KF never acknowledged the expectations. It seems there was a disconnect from the beginning of the year from the top of the athletic dept. to the coaching staff to the players. The team saw incredible expectations swirling around them, but not from the coaching staff. I don't know if this played a part, but it seemed that this team was never really in sync. A pity.

As far as boycotting bowl games and all that nonsense, it's just not going to happen. I understand the anger, but in the end, athletics for most of us is entertainment, and in the large scope of things, not that important. Shouldn't have to ruin a perfectly good holiday season without seeing a little Black and Gold on the tube.

Last edited:
One more reason Iowa would never turn down a bowl invite like ND did a few years ago is because the B10 wouldn't allow it.

Remember the B10 gets half of Iowa's bowl payout. Those bowl payouts from all teams are then split between all 11 teams.

To the original poster, Iowa isn't dead to me. I'll still root for them in the bowl game, particularly guys who play hard like DJK and guys who have taken responsibility like Stanzi. But in a way you are correct, this team is dead.

Latest posts