This team is a BEAT team!

ColumbusHawk

The Hawks body language & facial expressions show a team with absolutely no mental toughness.

If some goes wrong, they completely collapse.

I just love Josh's wide open fade-away three-point jumpers.

But he is on fire in practice! Whadda Fukin' joke! Only score 15 total points in the 2nd half, it's like Iowa BB is a RPI 300 team hahahhaha

We'll see what kind of coach Fran is. His biggest challenge of his career is to get this team's psyche in order so they can possibly play up to potential.

This is an 18 to 20 win calibre team that doesn't believe they'll make another basket, let alone win again. If he can squeeze 9 B14 W's, he's earned his paycheck.

We'll see what kind of coach Fran is. His biggest challenge of his career is to get this team's psyche in order so they can possibly play up to potential.

This is an 18 to 20 win calibre team that doesn't believe they'll make another basket, let alone win again. If he can squeeze 9 B14 W's, he's earned his paycheck.

I love that as a fan base we've settled for a mediocre bball team, yay!!

I am starting to believe Fran has been blowing smoke up our collective backsides all this time when he says Josh hits them in practice. There is not one -- ONE -- shred of evidence he is any sort of outside shooter.

Three games this year where we got wrecked in the second half. You could nearly add Syracuse to that list too but we somehow made a game of it. That's a pattern that I don't like at all.

We rarely seem to get our three point shooters an open look. When i compare us to other teams, I cannot believe how much better they spread the floor and move the ball inside and then kick out to guys who have good solid open looks.

Agreed. Gotta find some mojo on offense. If not, well...gonna be a tough season.

Still like Fran but now is when he has to show he can turn it around.

Agreed. Gotta find some mojo on offense. If not, well...gonna be a tough season.

Still like Fran but now is when he has to show he can turn it around.

Josh didn't lose this game for us. We couldn't get an open shot most of the second half. We seemed to be in a different time zone, outhustled the majority of the time and totally out of sync....

If a picture is worth a thousand words, how much is watching Fran and the staff forming a circle of their own totally ignoring the team during two time outs. They did come back to talk to the team for a few seconds before time was up the second time out.....

Some UNI fans are really obnoxious, like the gentleman directly behind me who diidn't shut up the entire game, mostlly Screaming: That's Hand Checking, You Can't Hand Check in Basketball over and over again. There were four Hawk fans sitting next to him also....

I have no words to say about the team. Not certain there is enough time to turn things around.....

I am suffering, Lads.....

Alas

I understand the suffering part, but I think they have proved that they aren't good enough to suffer over. I can't fault the players, but I think its the coaching. Before this year I thought Fran knew what he was doing, but now I really don't think he is an above average coach. Its hard for me not to believe that Clemmons, Gesell, and Oglesby wouldn't be doing a lot better in a different system. A great coach would adapt his coaching to the players he has. Its like trying to put a square block into a round hole. I don't think Iowa basketball is good enough to suffer over. It will be interesting how it will effect fan interest the rest of the year. Iowa has some great athletes coming in next year, so that should ignite a spark. It might hurt their recruiting.

We don't have shot creators. That is the problem. It's not coaching. We simply have no way to reliably score against aggressive defense.

Woodbury is our best bet on the block, but he has trouble holding position and lacks athleticism. Gessell, god bless him, is our best pereimeter driver (that's all you need to know about our team), Uthoff has sloppy handles and if you take his space he can't do anything, White will do some old-man move and try to get fouled. That's about it for offense. Jok likes to shot contested pull up shots too I guess.

We need more athleticism, we need more girth downlow, and for gods sake we need to recruit 3 to 5 players that are actually a threat to beat their man off the dribble.

You can't win with this team. And I think Fran knows it (notice the lack of hype/hyperbole).

We don't have shot creators. That is the problem. It's not coaching. We simply have no way to reliably score against aggressive defense.

Woodbury is our best bet on the block, but he has trouble holding position and lacks athleticism. Gessell, god bless him, is our best pereimeter driver (that's all you need to know about our team), Uthoff has sloppy handles and if you take his space he can't do anything, White will do some old-man move and try to get fouled. That's about it for offense. Jok likes to shot contested pull up shots too I guess.

We need more athleticism, we need more girth downlow, and for gods sake we need to recruit 3 to 5 players that are actually a threat to beat their man off the dribble.

You can't win with this team. And I think Fran knows it (notice the lack of hype/hyperbole).

You make some very good points, I just hope that Fran can pull a rabbit out of his hat.....

I think Uthoff could do allot more but he's to timid.

He's our one offensive mismatch and could score on the block against most players he's matched up against.

among the other problems that you mention , all of which are legit, this is clearly not a well coached team. We don't adjust anything and we have players continually attempting the same things that they are not capable of. We can't even make a fugging post entry feed. That's fugging insane and can easily be taught.

Josh didn't lose this game for us. We couldn't get an open shot most of the second half. We seemed to be in a different time zone, outhustled the majority of the time and totally out of sync....

If a picture is worth a thousand words, how much is watching Fran and the staff forming a circle of their own totally ignoring the team during two time outs. They did come back to talk to the team for a few seconds before time was up the second time out.....

Some UNI fans are really obnoxious, like the gentleman directly behind me who diidn't shut up the entire game, mostlly Screaming: That's Hand Checking, You Can't Hand Check in Basketball over and over again. There were four Hawk fans sitting next to him also....

I have no words to say about the team. Not certain there is enough time to turn things around.....

I am suffering, Lads.....

Alas

Care to share hot cup of coffee ?

Latest posts