This team has no pride

StickUP

Losing is one thing. Sometimes it's bad breaks. Sometimes personnel isn't right. However, this NBA All Star game defense makes this team so hard to watch. You would think someone would take it personal and really try hard. 3 pointers. Easy layups. Thunder dunks. Other teams have to love this because their offensive stats skyrocket.

...among other things. In any other job...if your "territory", "business unit" or "team" looked like this in year 8 you'd be done. No less one where you're being paid 7 figures.

Enough already.

Last edited:
No team identity...no leader, no roles, no offensive flow, no defense, no balls...just a bunch of guys basically the same player (yeah...the let's build a team with 9 wings approach).

Not saying this for any reason other than telling a bit of trivia, Tom Davis had his worst year at Iowa in year 8. Won 107 games in the next 5 years.

It's not the wins / losses. It's the defense. Game after game. They must be giving up 45+ points on avg in the first half. There is no effort to change that. That is the lack of pride this team shows.

When you give up 54 points in the first half...against a crappy team... it's the equivalent of waving the white flag. This team is done.

It was a 22 point comeback in 87, but this came close.

It was the most Iowa has scored on the road since 1988, and the most they have ever scored against Illinois.

Last edited:
Here’s another one: Iowa will win 4 of next 5
50336365.jpg

After 30 years of suffering, that comeback and win FINALLY allows me to forget/get over the UNLV game.

I witnessed that game in person.

Going into halftime the Hawks had a confused look on their faces. They couldn't believe they were ahead by 16, They had no answer to the threes UNLV made, and especially not compensating for the long bounce after a missed three. The final play of the game was a good one. A pass to Lohaus near the basket was off a fraction. Billy Cunningham said that it was a good play if executed well.....

As close as we have been since then, other than Mr. Davis's final season.....

Going to be a while now, however, i do have dreams of the Hawks making serious noise two years from now.....

At least Sweet Sixteen, if now further.....

:cool:,

Latest posts