This situation is just total chaos right now...what the heck is going on?

Mesaclone

Banned
Updated at 5:38 PM

TEXAS, TEXAS A&M CAN'T FIND COMMON GROUND

Texas and Texas A&M officials met Thursday in Austin to discuss whether to bolt to the Pac-10.
However, the meeting ended with the teams in limbo.
According to a source, Texas President Bill Powers wants to go to the Pac-10, but Longhorns coach Mack Brown wants to stay in the Big 12. Texas A&M's first choice is to stay in the Big 12; its second choice is to go to the Southeastern Conference, the source said.
Texas athletic director DeLoss Dodds has said that he wants to keep the Big 12 together.
Colorado accepted an invitation to the Pac-10 earlier in the day.

My God that it so surprise .. Texas and the Aggies not agreeing. Who would thunk it?

Well, I think they can chalk off the option of keeping the big 12 together...two teams have already left!

And even dissension within schools...with the football coach, AD, and President at Texas on different sheets of music.

This whole expansion/realignment this was fun at first, but it has gotten out of control. As a fan of college football I'm actually concerned a little about traditional matchups. Texas in the Big 10? Pac 10? Texas A&M & Oklahoma in the SEC and Okie State in the Pac-10? ISU and BYU future MWC rivals? My head is spinning.

No. The hanging on to the conference is being considered WITH CU and NU already gone. Not saying it will happen, but there is some dissension on the topic within the Texas community...who knows where this will end.

No. The hanging on to the conference is being considered WITH CU and NU already gone. Not saying it will happen, but there is some dissension on the topic within the Texas community...who knows where this will end.

Sorry Mesa you are sounding a bit desparate like Kevin Bacon in Animal House shouting ... 'All is Well'.

I have to disagree as well, it sounds as if they aren't arguing about whether to stay in the B12 or not, it's they can't agree on which direction they want to go.

"...but Longhorns coach Mack Brown wants to stay in the Big 12"

"Texas athletic director DeLoss Dodds has said that he wants to keep the Big 12 together."

"Texas A&M's first choice is to stay in the Big 12"

How does that sound like they aren't arguing about whether to stay? Seriously, I didn't say they WERE staying, I said they are still going back and forth on the issue and there is dissension.

So many rumors and apocalyptic websites from kansas city and texas today, I wouldn't be surprised at this point if tomorrow Nebraska comes out and says the speculation of joining the Big10 was just a ploy set in motion to force the southern schools to reevaluate there choice of conference so the original big 8 can regain there status...but colorado put a damper on that theory

This is just Texas and A&M trying to look like the good guys when its their wandering eyes that help get us to this point. At the end of the day I think it was Osborne who said their is no more animousity between Neb and TX. That sounds to me like Tx and A&M are going B10 bound. Texas schools are likely setting the stage for a 'we tried and this is the best we could do' move to the B10.

Updated at 5:38 PM

TEXAS, TEXAS A&M CAN'T FIND COMMON GROUND

Texas and Texas A&M officials met Thursday in Austin to discuss whether to bolt to the Pac-10.
However, the meeting ended with the teams in limbo.
According to a source, Texas President Bill Powers wants to go to the Pac-10, but Longhorns coach Mack Brown wants to stay in the Big 12. Texas A&M's first choice is to stay in the Big 12; its second choice is to go to the Southeastern Conference, the source said.
Texas athletic director DeLoss Dodds has said that he wants to keep the Big 12 together.
Colorado accepted an invitation to the Pac-10 earlier in the day.

Sorry if I missed it somewhere, but where is this coming from? In other words "linky" please.

Latest posts