This question will never be answered?

I said the same thing yesterday except it wasn't a question. It was a statement. We would have won if we had JB in that game. Period.

Yes, we would have beaten the Cyclones.

I would add that if you play out the Pitt Iowa game 10 times when we are down 24-3, we probably lose 9 of those games. So 3 wins and 1 loss is about what we deserve right now.

Let's get rolling in Big Ten: 6-2 is going to win that division (perhaps 5-3 if it is the right 5).

Whatever, I don't give a **** about the ISU game. I fully accept that once every 3-4 years they will win one in Ames. Take some crap for a few days and we go play in a good bowl while they stay home and predict a NC the next year.

Agree. Iowa State has a brutal schedule from here on in - I don't see them getting to 6 wins.

Iowa, on the other hand, could get anywhere from 6 to 9 wins....

I'm sorry, I don't mean to pick on you guys, but do you understand this is why State fans think the way they do about us?

Even if you want to retort "who cares what they think about us?!?!", then on a more pragmatic level do you understand this just provides them (Clone fans) with ammunition?

That game was 15 days ago...we've played two really good ballgames (each in their own way) since then and most of us have new found confidence that we can actually compete within our division this year...but here we are retroactively applying a W to the ISU game because we had the wrong arrangement of guys in our defensive backfield.

Part of sports and being a part of a successful program - even as fans - is learning how to take your lumps with dignity. Yes, ISU puts dignity to the test in a big way - little brother likes to take his shirt off and run around the house 12 times screaming like a 4th grader on helium when he gets the better of us - but just once I'd like to see us (collectively, as Hawkfandom) just sit back with a bemused smirk and let them have their moment rather than embarrassing ourselves with a litany of weak excuses. Maybe - just maybe - then next September when a Hawk fan inevitably claims it's ISU's Super Bowl*; not ours - SOMEONE MAY ACTUALLY BELIEVE IT!!!

Sorry, I'm done now. I really don't want to single you guys out, but this a major pet peeve of mine and I couldn't help myself.

"Super Bowl" is a registered trademark of the National Football League. Please don't sue me, Mr. Goodell.

Yes or no doesn't matter but Ill say this we lose to Pitt without him.

He is easily the MVP of the defense this year, not only because of what he brings to the table, which has been phenomenal, but it allows us to shore up the other corner as well.

Side note, I want to see JB and Canzeri in a race.

Latest posts