This QB Signee is Good

Usually it's from weighted grades. Alot of times if you take AP courses in high school it is based on a 5.0 grade scale so that you aren't penalized for challenging yourself.

This is the correct answer (assuming Fl AP classes are same as Iowa). My Daughter carries a 4.5 right now. 3 AP classes graded on a 5.0 scale.

He's got a cannon! Also, smart decisions when deciding whether to throw it or keep it. Is it just me, or does he also look like he has some speed to go with that arm?

The tuck and run at the 1:22 mark was impressive. He took off without hesitation and showed some pretty decent wheels.

Except for his scrambles, I don't think he ever took more than 3 seconds to release the ball.

Wow! I like the looks of this guy. He has an amazing arm: strength, accuracy, and trajectory are all outstanding. This guys will definately beat out Derby. (move him to FS now!) I'd also take that WR #4!

I don't know anything about Derby other than that he's a good athlete. I can't imagine he holds a candle to this kids QB talent though.

I think its important for DJK and or McNutt to have big years this year...recruiting WR's to Iowa is the hardest position, because of the lack of 'history' we can point to with much of an NFL pedigree, or noteworthy college success.

The more I have watched this guy and thought about his overall intangibles, I become more impressed.

I don't know anything about Derby other than that he's a good athlete. I can't imagine he holds a candle to this kids QB talent though.

i can't image Derby and this kid in the same league. but i just watched this kid's tape and haven't watched Derby in months. this kid looks the part.

For as skinny of a build he has, he doesn't seem ganglee at all. Very nice footwork and in very good control of his body. I think this kid is a real good get by our recruiters!

I think its important for DJK and or McNutt to have big years this year...recruiting WR's to Iowa is the hardest position, because of the lack of 'history' we can point to with much of an NFL pedigree, or noteworthy college success.

The more I have watched this guy and thought about his overall intangibles, I become more impressed.

Jon, do you think getting this kid help us lure more quality WRs? Seems if you have a gunner who can sling the ball with some strength, smarts and accuracy, your chances of getting more balls to catch go up.

Really have to like what you see with this kid. His 0-line gave him all day and he's obviously had some great wideouts who had a lot of separation for him. That said most of his throws were right on the money, he seemed to have a quick release, and he certainly is athletic enough to run it if forced to.

If he can make the throws under pressure we should really enjoy this kid in a Hawkeye uniform.

Did this kid start when Chris Carter's kid was playing there or was last year his first year starting?

I never got a 4.3, but I got over a 4.0 at Iowa a few times because A+'s are worth over a 4.0. Not sure if that's the situation or not.

Some of us graduated from Iowa with a cumulative GPA over 4.0. Not that I'm bragging or anything.

Latest posts