This one sub I don't understand

I'm not saying that Fran doesn't care about winning every game, but I think he takes a long view of a season, or even multiple seasons. He wants to try different players and combinations late in a tight game. He wants all of his players to be able to handle these big game situations.

My hope is that Fran is right and there is a method to his madness at the end of these games. The lineups are sometimes real head scratchers.

Maybe, just maybe, all of these combinations will benefit us in the Big Ten and NCAA tourneys. Fran has a great record in post season tourneys. This very Hawkeye team played great in the NIT last year.

Fran, prove us all wrong and make us look silly for questioning your end of game lineups.

White cannot shoot a jump shot...he is a liability on the floor right now for this team. WHY NOT TRY TWO BIGS for a short period of time anyway?

I have no idea what it is people think White is capable of doing, he can run and dunk when no one is in his way. Thats about the extent of his offensive skills.

I keep hearing we need to get him more involved but hes the least skilled half court option we have, he cant even post up guards 6in shorter than himself, its like saying we need to get Woodbury more involved from the 3 point line.

Gesell plays only 22mn produced 10pts and 2 assists.. I get oglesby being hot, but Gesell seems to be in when god things happen and out when bad things happen, like today.

This was basically a repeat of osu. Sit Gessel and opponent builds lead, continue to bomb 3s on your way to a loss.

Frans capacity to learn from his mistakes is lacking sevearly

I'm just not sure Fran is a very solid gameday coach when it comes to rotations and sub patterns...or realizing who has the hot hand and sticking with them etc.

I have been trying to figure out what his deal is...and the only thing I can think of...is he must just not be very good at it. Some of his subs are mind boggling.

White can be neutralized by good teams because white can't shoot a jump shot.

I said this over and over last year... he tried to work on it during the off season but it hasn't come to fruition.

Until he develops a jump shot he is easily guardable in a half court set.

He cant post up gaurds either somehow. Hes totally out of his element at that spot.

His whole game revolves around quickness, put a quicker guy on him and hes shut down.

I'll have to take another look at the game, but it seems to me lately coaches are putting a smaller guy on him and just working him over the entire game. I watched Gasser hold and push him when he was trying to post him up and there were no calls coming from the refs.

I cant imagine being defended by a guy 6 inches shorter than you and not destroying him.

I'm not saying that Fran doesn't care about winning every game, but I think he takes a long view of a season, or even multiple seasons. He wants to try different players and combinations late in a tight game. He wants all of his players to be able to handle these big game situations.

My hope is that Fran is right and there is a method to his madness at the end of these games. The lineups are sometimes real head scratchers.

Maybe, just maybe, all of these combinations will benefit us in the Big Ten and NCAA tourneys. Fran has a great record in post season tourneys. This very Hawkeye team played great in the NIT last year.

Fran, prove us all wrong and make us look silly for questioning your end of game lineups.

I don't know. I am beginning to think Fran loses focus or doesn't always have the tightest grasp on the goings-on during close games. I just feel he gets outcoached a lot. Especially down the stretch. He leaves time-outs on the table that might be benefical.

Does all his ******** and moaning cause him to lose some sharpness or focus? I am really beginning to wonder.

Anyone want to do the research on games decided by 4 points or less? Games where we had a lead in the last 10 minutes of the game only to lose?

I'll have to take another look at the game, but it seems to me lately coaches are putting a smaller guy on him and just working him over the entire game. I watched Gasser hold and push him when he was trying to post him up and there were no calls coming from the refs.

In my opinion, part of the fault is on his teammates. I thought we had multiple opportunities to go over the top to White in the post on Gasser but nobody even attempted a pass to him.

if we would actually feed it to him I think the refs would be forced to make a call.

Latest posts