This one stung becuase

for the first time in over a year, we saw an Iowa team look competent enough on offense for long enough to get our hopes up that they could move the ball and score. But then we saw the same damn play being run over and over in 4Q and see it get stuffed and see them going back to it.

Obviously they were only trying to run clock, not score. This pisses me off. I wonder if KF was telling TL to do this.

If I'm the OC I'd ask myself if I really want this job.

Mandalorian

“It is the way.” ROFLMAO

For non- Iowan fans that have been outside looking in they have to be thinking what the hell is wrong with those fans?

Well I guess eight and nine win seasons is better than five and six win seasons.

Mixed fan base. There are those that have been frustrated for decades who stand by and hope that one year lightening would finally strike and we could just make it to the four team playoff. Now expanded to what 13?

Then there’s the Cub’s fan or Bear’s fan mentality. Hey guys 1985. Think about it, do the math that's going on “40” years for an NFL team. Will the seats be packed for the next game in Chicago???

I had to pause typing for a few minutes because I was laughing too hard. It feels good to laugh about it after being a bears since I was five years old sitting there with my dad listening to “F” bombs.

It’s retarded to waste time watching the bears.

As soon as the game ended my youngest son who follows the Hawkeyes because his Dad (me) has always did it with his dad (his grand father) texted me this; “I can’t believe I just wasted three hours of my time watching this crap!” I kinda laugh about it as I think about “Da Bears.” Think about it for the Bears fans. Forty years since their last superbowl win?????? That’s effed up.

I don’t waste my time on the bears anymore. Have lost interest in the NFL and NBA (bulls fan).

Now that college football is OFFICIALLY a semi pro football league it hard to buy into it anymore especially as an Iowa fan. The only false hope was winning the hapless west division once in a while just to get our asses handed to us in the conference title game (if you honestly want to call that a game).

So the best we could hope for as Hawkeye fans is to have a team with a supposedly awesome defense, an offense with a pulse, great special teams and a schedule softer than a soft serve ice cream cone on a 95 degree day in Iowa.

Well that was this year. Only one top team in the Big Ten to play and the rest of the middle dwellers we play at home. A perfect setup for “da bears syndrome.”

Mandalorian

“It is the way.” ROFLMAO

For non- Iowan fans that have been outside looking in they have to be thinking what the hell is wrong with those fans?

Well I guess eight and nine win seasons is better than five and six win seasons.

Mixed fan base. There are those that have been frustrated for decades who stand by and hope that one year lightening would finally strike and we could just make it to the four team playoff. Now expanded to what 13?

Then there’s the Cub’s fan or Bear’s fan mentality. Hey guys 1985. Think about it, do the math that's going on “40” years for an NFL team. Will the seats be packed for the next game in Chicago???

I had to pause typing for a few minutes because I was laughing too hard. It feels good to laugh about it after being a bears since I was five years old sitting there with my dad listening to “F” bombs.

It’s retarded to waste time watching the bears.

As soon as the game ended my youngest son who follows the Hawkeyes because his Dad (me) has always did it with his dad (his grand father) texted me this; “I can’t believe I just wasted three hours of my time watching this crap!” I kinda laugh about it as I think about “Da Bears.” Think about it for the Bears fans. Forty years since their last superbowl win?????? That’s effed up.

I don’t waste my time on the bears anymore. Have lost interest in the NFL and NBA (bulls fan).

Now that college football is OFFICIALLY a semi pro football league it hard to buy into it anymore especially as an Iowa fan. The only false hope was winning the hapless west division once in a while just to get our asses handed to us in the conference title game (if you honestly want to call that a game).

So the best we could hope for as Hawkeye fans is to have a team with a supposedly awesome defense, an offense with a pulse, great special teams and a schedule softer than a soft serve ice cream cone on a 95 degree day in Iowa.

Well that was this year. Only one top team in the Big Ten to play and the rest of the middle dwellers we play at home. A perfect setup for “da bears syndrome.”
Fantastic post. This is the way= That's football. Snort. Chomp

It's like you're reading my mind. I'm starting to wonder why I would sacrifice significant time on a Saturday (whether it's TV or in person) to watch this and expect different results.

Full disclosure: I was not in a good mood at all for the entire rest of the day on Saturday. And for what? An apparently predictable result. So, I decided to "flush it" and go mountain biking early Sunday am. My mood switched dramatically to the positive, and then I watched (for entertainment!) Caitlin Clark and the Indiana Fever win a great OT game. My mood didn't depend on it, but it was fun. Maybe this is the NEW way?

I wonder what the good folks in Boulder will be thinking in the next year or two, when the are left to pick up the pieces?

Also, how 'bout Michigan?
I'd definitely rather be Iowa then Colorado at this point. Cause even if KF retires after this yr I'd rather be us then Colorado whenever that mess has to be cleaned up. Who thinks Colorado is going to a bowl this yr? I sure don't.

Michigan is anyones guess. I'm sure they'll be down this yr but for how long is tough to say that's an easy job to flip.

Latest posts