This offense

Last in the conference. At this point in his position your either striding forward and improving the offense, maintaining the historical balance, or digressing.

I don’t see us getting any better the rest of the season.

Some of you were only deceiving yourselves by claiming every defense was so great that we played.

Nope, our offense is awful! That falls on the offensive coordinator! Mediocre QB, inexperienced offensive line. Poor creativity.

From here on out anyone who doesn’t blitz and pressure Petras is an effing idiot. Stack the box to stop the run and pressure the QB. The perfect recipe for shutting down our offense.

Even though there has been evolution, even though he's had a few brilliant games, Brian is sub par. The numbers don't lie.

EVERY SEASON it's the same thing. Will the O Line improve? Will the QB get better?

Kirk has a high tolerance for poor offense. It is his blind spot. There are 3 phases Offense, Defense and Special teams.

I think they made a bad hire with that O line coach. I said that about the previous Oline coach too.

Ever wonder how it is that so many teams can play and do play multiple QBs but at Iowa it's so hard to get a QB ready to play even average offense after 2 years on the bench.

When is the last time Iowa finished ranked in the top half of the conference in Rushing or Passing or total yards or scoring? and how often have those milestones been reached?

These are my thoughts, to post them after a win would sound grouchy. I wonder how many more wins Kirk could have if only he INSISTED on good offense just as much as he insists on great defense.

Even though there has been evolution, even though he's had a few brilliant games, Brian is sub par. The numbers don't lie.

EVERY SEASON it's the same thing. Will the O Line improve? Will the QB get better?

Kirk has a high tolerance for poor offense. It is his blind spot. There are 3 phases Offense, Defense and Special teams.

I think they made a bad hire with that O line coach. I said that about the previous Oline coach too.

Ever wonder how it is that so many teams can play and do play multiple QBs but at Iowa it's so hard to get a QB ready to play even average offense after 2 years on the bench.

When is the last time Iowa finished ranked in the top half of the conference in Rushing or Passing or total yards or scoring? and how often have those milestones been reached?

These are my thoughts, to post them after a win would sound grouchy. I wonder how many more wins Kirk could have if only he INSISTED on good offense just as much as he insists on great defense.
Hayden is spinning in his grave watching this offense

Last edited:
How is that in 20 years we never recruited a championship caliber QB? You would think we would have stumbled into one? Beathard was average->good. Everyone else has been average->bad, Padilla looks miserable behind Petras.

How is that in 20 years we never recruited a championship caliber QB? You would think we would have stumbled into one? Beathard was average->good. Everyone else has been average->bad, Padilla looks miserable behind Petras.
Because we only recruit a qb that fits the system. Since you mentioned 20 yrs , now you know that system.

Look man, it takes 3-4 years to learn this offense. Be patient

Jake Christensen was a 4/5 star.
Brad Banks!

Sadly BF is going anywhere. Face it KF isn't firing his own son. We are stuck with this offensive mess for years to come.

Sadly BF is going anywhere. Face it KF isn't firing his own son. We are stuck with this offensive mess for years to come.
The KF post game at 9 minute mark tells it all. Reporter Mike asks what can offense improve before Wisky to prevent another similar performance. KF shot back it was a team loss .....which it was.... but didn't want to go down the BF rabbit hole and didn't

I think everyone knew the oline was going to be a work in progress this season. Especially with all of the youth. By mid season the young, inexperienced line has shown much improvement. To me it seems as if they haven’t improved at all and are even taking a step back.

agree. and when has KF ever tried a new QB, got a QB transfer and even moved on from QB after the season. Just doesn’t happen