This loss is on the coaching staff

HaydenHawk56

Just don't get the conservative nature of our staff. Sad. Can't understand what they are thinking in a 2 minute offense.

How we can't put drives together off 2 turnovers on a short field. How we keep get penalties when we can least afford them.

What a terrible year.

Just don't get the conservative nature of our staff. Sad. Can't understand what they are thinking in a 2 minute office.

How we can't put drives together off 2 turnovers on a short field. How we keep get penalties when we can least afford them.

What a terrible year.

What loss HASN'T been on this staff?!

Nebraska should not have won this game. We played well enough to win, but our players were hamstrung by our schemes. I feel bad for our players.

Davis needs to go. KOK looks like God compared to him.

Nebraska tried their hardest to give us this game. The defense did a masterful job and the coaching staff just went about business as usual

Nebraska should not have won this game. We played well enough to win, but our players were hamstrung by our schemes. I feel bad for our players.

Hamstrung by the scheme? How about hamstrung by the worst QB in school history.

The Iowa players did their part, but the coaches pulled the rug out from under them again. The TV announcers were about to jump out of the booth over the predictable, conservative play calling that Iowa fans have been complaining about for years. I don't know how the coaching staff can look these kids in the eye after turning what should have been at least a 7-5 season and a win today into gutless defeat.

Not ONE misdirection. Almost NO play-action bootlegs. NO throwbacks. NOT A SINGLE TRICK PLAY from a 4-7 team going nowhere with nothing to lose at home on senior day on NATIONAL TV.

The ludicrous joke of clock mismanagement that fans have berated for years was back again today, both at the end of the first half and the end of the game. The Hawkeye players played well enough to win today, but their coaching staff never gave them a chance. Fire 'em all. This is just sickening. You show some brains and some courage and play to win and you can't get it done, so what? But we've seen this show WAY too many times. There are NO excuses for Ferentz or this staff. Clean house.

Vandy is not great, but he was shadow of himself this year. I blame that on Davis. He made him nut-less this year with his horizontal offense.

JVB actually deserved better. Back-ups should have got playing time, but JVB is a patsy for the much bigger problem in Iowa Football.

And people wonder why recruits arent beating down the door to come here? How many high school football players watched this game today?

Davis has to go....he is the o coordinator and responsible for lack of no 2 minute urgency and play calling. KF is responsible for his coordinators and if Davis stays, KF is to blame.

Our talent was low...but we had 7 wins on the schedule...well...at Least 6. JVBs problems were 100% mental...again....up to the coordinator to fix....or in this case...Ruin.

Just don't get the conservative nature of our staff. Sad. Can't understand what they are thinking in a 2 minute offense.

What a terrible year.

Then don't watch next year.

plus 1 Fire Davis immediattely. Bring in a young, hungry OC. I lobbied for John Shoop (sp) that was part of Butch Davis staff at Carolina that really was a sharp innovative OC that still believed in the pro-style O. He developed Houston QB TJ Yates among others.

Unfortunately he must not have any ties to Ferentz and is to firey and too innovative. (also moved around too much)

The Iowa players did their part, but the coaches pulled the rug out from under them again. The TV announcers were about to jump out of the booth over the predictable, conservative play calling that Iowa fans have been complaining about for years. I don't know how the coaching staff can look these kids in the eye after turning what should have been at least a 7-5 season and a win today into gutless defeat.

Not ONE misdirection. Almost NO play-action bootlegs. NO throwbacks. NOT A SINGLE TRICK PLAY from a 4-7 team going nowhere with nothing to lose at home on senior day on NATIONAL TV.

The ludicrous joke of clock mismanagement that fans have berated for years was back again today, both at the end of the first half and the end of the game. The Hawkeye players played well enough to win today, but their coaching staff never gave them a chance. Fire 'em all. This is just sickening. You show some brains and some courage and play to win and you can't get it done, so what? But we've seen this show WAY too many times. There are NO excuses for Ferentz or this staff. Clean house.

plus 1 or 2 more... mostlt frustrated for the players on this team. Not the most talented senior class... maybe 1 or 2 pros... a bunch of young ones and injuries...

yet the O folks made no fricking adjustments.. within the game or to the personnel.

D held up for the most part... just wondering if Kirk will ever bring in some help for the in game, clock management on the O side?

What a terrible year.

Not a terrible year, a hugely dis-appointing year. Terrible is only one or a couple of wins.

Definitely a sad year in which Iowa should have won at least 6 times and maybe more... except for coaching.

I'm done ********, whining and complaining. Except for the QB position some speedy wide-outs....and in game coaching, play calling and clock management the Hawkeyes will be very experienced and deep every where else.

Hopefully really deep and hungry and tired of under-achieving.

Done for now.

Latest posts