This Loss is on the Coaches..

This loss is on the whole team, players and coaches. missed xp, false start on 3rd and an inch, botched fieldgoal, offside on kickoff, missing wide open receivers, taking another sack on comeback drive, conservative playing calling after interception, can't stop them on 4th down, give up first down on fake punt, horrible clock management.

All that being said, we have a great program and I love those kids for putting everything they have into making our fall season so much fun. Go Hawks!

Everyone in the building should have known a fake was coming; there were six minutes to go and Wisconsin only had one timeout. Had they punted it, the chances of them getting the ball back were pretty slim.

Wrong, pal. If they fake there and don't get it, the ball game is over and they know it. O'Keefe would have called a series of clock milking plays and gotten key first downs and we would have won easily. Everyone was caught completely off guard by it. Lester Erb called a perfect game - again with a return guy like Sandeman, you just have to drop your coverage on the snap to set up the lanes for him.

Wrong, pal. If they fake there and don't get it, the ball game is over and they know it. O'Keefe would have called a series of clock milking plays and gotten key first downs and we would have won easily. Everyone was caught completely off guard by it. Lester Erb called a perfect game - again with a return guy like Sandeman, you just have to drop your coverage on the snap to set up the lanes for him.

If they punt there, the game is over. Their defense hadn't shown any ability to slow down the Iowa offense to that point, and they only had one timeout. Trying for the first down was their only shot to keep the ball.

Everyone in the building should have known a fake was coming; there were six minutes to go and Wisconsin only had one timeout. Had they punted it, the chances of them getting the ball back were pretty slim.

Funny cause in the postgame, KF said the same thing?????

KF has made adjustments to the program and the way he's coached over the years.

I wish clock mgmt and going for the kill would be two more to change. Maybe they will, but they haven't his whole career here.

I think if the fans and the press pressure him a little more on these obvious gaffes on his part, he'll eventually get sick of the questions, and probably change so we shut up :)

get a friggin grip dude. Wisconsin made the plays, we didn't. End of story.

I have a grip DUDE! The coaches are there to put players in the best position possible, not the opposite. Again i love KF, but the blame is on him if he called the TO

I have a grip DUDE! The coaches are there to put players in the best position possible, not the opposite. Again i love KF, but the blame is on him if he called the TO

Nope. You don't have a grip. Myself (along with many others on this board) can agree to disagree with you on that one.

Dude, you should be banned. On a punt like that with a few minutes to go and a weapon like Sandeman back there, YOU ABSOLUTELY MUST drop the entire punt team back to block. YOU DO NOT EVER ASSUME A FAKE. If Sandeman gets a few key blocks, he takes it to the house and Lester Erb goes down as a hero.

Yes, in the FIRST HALF, not with 6 minutes to go. You make sure they don't fake and Sandeman just makes a fair catch. The Hawks might have been able to run out the clock.

Mental mistakes lost it and that was a mental mistake.

Nope. You don't have a grip. Myself (along with many others on this board) can agree to disagree with you on that one.

He HAD to call a timeout because Stanzi was not at the line to kill the clock, they would have lost too much time if they tried to run a play right then. That timout HAD to be called right then because Stanzi had a mental lapse and then another mental lapse on the next play.

Maybe the fact that we gave up a fake punt a few games ago would have been enough of a heads up to watch out for this. It was pretty much a mirror image of the what worked on our punt return team before.

I respect you for giving your real opinion unlike most posters that just wait to criticize others (me :\?) but you gotta admit your wrong here.

Our defensive philosophy or even team philosophy is build on being conservative and not giving up the big play, and this play won Badgers the game. They simple won too much momentum on this, you couldn't expect the defense to come up with another stop.

Our special teams coach needed to come up with an answer on covering the spread punt formation after the Arizona game, three games later we still have no solution for blocking it better or covering the fake from it.

He HAD to call a timeout because Stanzi was not at the line to kill the clock, they would have lost too much time if they tried to run a play right then. That timout HAD to be called right then because Stanzi had a mental lapse and then another mental lapse on the next play.

Why didn't they tell him in the timeout prior to that play that he needed to get up and spike it as soon as he picked up the first? Why didn't they tell him 3 times before he left the g**da** huddle? I'm giving Rick some of the blame there, but I can't fathom why/how they go through that entire timeout prior to 4th and 1 without covering that.

I think I read another post that said that Ferentz said that the timeout after the first down was the plan all along...if that was the case, :eek::confused:.

I love this staff and do not want any other. However when there is a mistake you point it out and hope they learn from it. Blind faith doesn't help our team. The call at the end of the Cap1 was bad, the call at the end of OSU 2009 was bad the call today was bad. Mixed in there were numerous great calls, but if you can't acknowledge your faults you are doomed to repeat them.

This is actually interesting to look at.

Either you say its on the QB for being a senior and not knowing to just take the decision into his own hands or you blame the coaches for sending in a signal that was for something that was not prepared enough during practice.

Stanzi had told the team to get in spike formation but when he looked over he saw different signals coming in. The coaches probably wanted to catch Wisconsin off guard with either a play immediately or fake spike but maybe Rick didnt understand the signal.

Rick is some of the blame but the coaches need to make sure the team is better prepared for possible calls they signal in.

Stanzi's personality is too reserved to go against what the coaches want, but I guarantee if you seen Tate in that situation he would have just made the decision himself.

Players make mistakes, but you count on coaches to make the right calls in critical decisions to give said players a chance to win...

In close games, you can invariably name dozens of ways that the team lost. And, in fact, that was exactly the case. There were ridiculously many examples where little things could have been the difference in the game.

I just hope that the squad takes the necessary steps and learns from their mistakes. I also hope that the coaches learn to manage the game better at the end too. Errors were certainly made by the coaches too.

Latest posts