This Loss is on the Coaches..

H8IAST8

Players make mistakes, but you count on coaches to make the right calls in critical decisions to give said players a chance to win...

The coaches get a D- today. One could write an entire book about how poorly they coached today. That last play alone was such a collection of retardation it was unreal. First to take the TO then to not get a good play or prepare your guys properly is retarded. For Rick to panic, dump it down, not throw it away, throw it uncatchable are more great examples of why I don't like Stanzi. Robinson then goes brain dead with catching it, not getting out of bounds, and not lateraling it out of bounds when it was clear he couldn't get out of bounds.
Man did we lose this one! What a dissappointing season now.

Dude, you should be banned. On a punt like that with a few minutes to go and a weapon like Sandeman back there, YOU ABSOLUTELY MUST drop the entire punt team back to block. YOU DO NOT EVER ASSUME A FAKE. If Sandeman gets a few key blocks, he takes it to the house and Lester Erb goes down as a hero.

Never mind, I'll leave the rest of this thread to you two, you deserve each other. Carry on.

You're right, and not naming a D coordinator is like passing the buck to everyone on the D. Good job KF. I love ya but you dont get paid 4 million to make ******* decisions...

how about 3rd and inches going in to score... false start... -5 yards.. now 3rd and 6.. illegal formation -5 yards now 3rd and 11.. crappy play call..

followed by a BOTCHED 31YRD FIELD GOAL.. its not all on the coaches.. here the hell is the composure of the players...

this one is on the coaching staff..... really don't need jon's or anyone elses opinion on this..

O'keefe made a terrible call with the sneak. They were on the Wisconsin 40 with 22 seconds. They could have had maybe 3 plays if they throw on 4th and 1. Picking up the first and stopping the clock when you have a fr. kicker that far out is stupid!!!! Let DJK & McNutt make plays and determine the game not Meyers.

Dude, you should be banned. On a punt like that with a few minutes to go and a weapon like Sandeman back there, YOU ABSOLUTELY MUST drop the entire punt team back to block. YOU DO NOT EVER ASSUME A FAKE. If Sandeman gets a few key blocks, he takes it to the house and Lester Erb goes down as a hero.

hopefully you are being sarcastic, sandeman...weapon? you should right for letterman

how about 3rd and inches going in to score... false start... -5 yards.. now 3rd and 6.. illegal formation -5 yards now 3rd and 11.. crappy play call..

followed by a BOTCHED 31YRD FIELD GOAL.. its not all on the coaches.. here the hell is the composure of the players...

Terrible, but players make mistakes, as do coaches, but coaches should not make critical mistakes like when to take a timeout. Look at the Cap 1 bowl. KF was lucky ballz on that. Again, I love the KF and the staff, but man up and take the blame...

Another thing, you have 2 veteran kickers and you go with a walk on???? I'm all for giving guys a chance, and Meyer has a big leg and should be used on kickoffs, but KF is going against his own philosophy on this one. Also what about Morris playing like a stud against Penn St than not playing against Michigan. Then you let Johnson play and call on Morris when he is desperately needed?????

this is increadibly short sighted.

I don't think it is at all. While you can't pin the leaving of four points on the field on the coaching staff, you can pin some things on them.

1. Not expecting the fake when everyone in the building knew it was coming.
2. Not telling your senior QB what his play is if he makes the first down on 4th and inches.
3. Having had to burn that last timeout because you didn't bother to tell anyone what the **** to do, calling a shovel pass in the middle of the field with 12 seconds to play and no timeouts.

Kirk got outcoached by Bielema today, and it really sucks to write that.

Last edited:
First of all, the coaching has been horrible for a long time. Sometimes, it just works out in our favor (I.E. "the catch" against LSU.. do you remember screaming at the tv/team live for them to take a timeout?)

Secondly, Ferentz is a clown. Anyone who thinks otherwise is accustomed to a poor football team, and is happy going to a bowl game, instead of being in title contention.

If you have a coach, who has consistantly shown poor decision making in regards to clock/game management, which has cost you a lot of the losses in the last couple years alone, one may think it's time for a new coach.. I remember back when Hayden Fry was being blasted, people calling for his resignation.. Why are the same people not wanting to get Ferentz the BLEEP out of this state? If you are going to pay an absurd amount to a coach, pay it to a winner.

You can ban this DB

I don't think it is at all. While you can't pin the leaving of four points on the field on the coaching staff, you can pin some things on them.

1. Not expecting the fake when everyone in the building knew it was coming.
2. Not telling your senior QB what his play is if he makes the first down on 4th and inches.
3. Having had to burn that last timeout because you didn't bother to tell anyone what the **** to do, calling a shovel pass in the middle of the field with 12 seconds to play and no timeouts.

Kirk got outcoached by Bielema today, and it really sucks to write that.

4. Not playing your best linebacker and playing your 3 best kicker (fieldgoals)

Everyone in the building should have known a fake was coming; there were six minutes to go and Wisconsin only had one timeout. Had they punted it, the chances of them getting the ball back were pretty slim.

4. Not playing your best linebacker and playing your 3 best kicker (fieldgoals)

I'm sure Kirk has his reasons for running Meyer out there, so I can't get on Kirk for that. Nor can I get on him for playing Morris, as Hunter got dinged in the second half.

Latest posts