This is why I love the bye week.

DuffMan

During game weeks, especially 11am games, it takes the whole day to take in a game at kinnick and I don't get to watch much of any other games.

There are 3 Big10 football games on TV right now, with another at 2:30, and a final game at 7pm. I can sleep in (9am) get up and lounge around, before I settle in to watch games while lying on the couch in my pj's and scratching myself.

Contrast that to getting up at 6am to head to the TG, and getting home around 6pm and being exausted and or hungover.

I love gamedays but there isn't much wrong with this either.

I agree. I enjoy bye weeks and away games quite a bit. Not as good as being at Kinnick, but still a lot of fun.

Today, I am in a wedding so I don't get to take in any football. At least my friend knew not to have his wedding on the Saturday of an Iowa game.

I agree. I enjoy bye weeks and away games quite a bit. Not as good as being at Kinnick, but still a lot of fun.

Today, I am in a wedding so I don't get to take in any football. At least my friend knew not to have his wedding on the Saturday of an Iowa game.

Your friend is the "best friend in the world!"...unless he's a Clone fan and it was just "dumb luck"...but hey, he's your friend so I'm sticking with the first guess I threw out there!

You make it sound like you go to Kinnick every weekend the Hawkeyes are playing... you do realized they have road games? Have you heard of DVR... it is a cheap invention and records the "other" Big Ten games to watch later. If logistics of attending 6 Hawkeye games at Kinnick a year is this difficult for you... you should hire a planner to assist you!

The Steelers and the Hawks have a bye week so that frees up about a 6-8 hour block of time for me....The weather is nice and I've got some odds and ends to take car of so I will be doing that and watching football all weekend.

i miss watching my favorite teams, but i don't mind the bye week.

You make it sound like you go to Kinnick every weekend the Hawkeyes are playing... you do realized they have road games? Have you heard of DVR... it is a cheap invention and records the "other" Big Ten games to watch later. If logistics of attending 6 Hawkeye games at Kinnick a year is this difficult for you... you should hire a planner to assist you!

You forgot to recommend him to yours...

Iowa has road games? Is this public information? Also, what is this DVR you speak of?

Hey look! It is easier than I thought to make unnecessary/rude/sarcastic comments over the internet!

The Steelers and the Hawks have a bye week so that frees up about a 6-8 hour block of time for me....The weather is nice and I've got some odds and ends to take car of so I will be doing that and watching football all weekend.

i miss watching my favorite teams, but i don't mind the bye week.

I think Iowa should change their schedule...I'm tired of them copying the Steelers...:D

I was just going to post the youtube video of the Hawkeyes on Big Ben since the Steelers came up. But the sound doesn't work??

Here's another great one:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bff_09uGi70]YouTube - "That's Kinda Gay"[/ame]

You get to watch games like Indiana/OSU, where OSU is up 28-0 and running a hurry up offense in the final 2 minutes of the 1st half on a drive that started at their own 7. Thus completely blowing out of the water any comparisons of conservativeness between Tressel and Ferentz.

I can't understand being happy that Iowa isn't playing.

This whole week has been torture! I'm glad there's only one bye week a year, cause this sucks donkey dick.

Man, the 11:00 games really sucked today...I'm hoping for a good game with Mich-Mich St. Have the $EC game on tv2. still undecided who i'm pulling for? i'm thinking michigan so they are still undefeated and ranked high when we go in there and hand it to them.

Latest posts