This is The Team Kobe Thinks Would Beat The Dream Team???

Third, this team isn't as good as it should be, and we can all admit that. The question shouldn't be: who would win: 1992 or 2012? It's what era had the better talent? And think about the USA starting five of guys not even playing: Rose, Wade, Gay, Bosh, Howard, 6th man Griffin. That lineup could compete with any starting 5 ever. They might not win, but you cannot tell me that any starting 5 is "way more talented or way better".

Now this is an argument that's worth having. Name an Olympic year and put together the very best players from that year. Which team would be the best? My vote is for 1968, with a starting five of Oscar Robertson, Jerry West, Elgin Baylor, Bill Russell, and Wilt Chamberlain, with Lew Alicindor, Dave Bing, John Havlicek, and a couple other debatables coming off the bench.

Now this is an argument that's worth having. Name an Olympic year and put together the very best players from that year. Which team would be the best? My vote is for 1968, with a starting five of Oscar Robertson, Jerry West, Elgin Baylor, Bill Russell, and Wilt Chamberlain, with Lew Alicindor, Dave Bing, John Havlicek, and a couple other debatables coming off the bench.

Big-name wise, that team is awesome. Thinking about the USA playing amateurs for so long makes me wonder: who would win the gold medal this year, college all star team (Americans) or the field?

Anthony Davis, Barnes, Thomas Robinson, Bradley beal, Kendall Marshall

Charles Barkley said it very well today on the DP Show..."I agree with Scottie Pippen that our team would win by 20. Where our advantage would be is, there are 3 guys on this year's team (Kobe, LeBron and probably Durant) who would make our team....and our bench was 5 more Hall of Famers!"...he also mentioned that Kobe said the '92 team was a bunch of "old guys" when other than Magic and Larry, most of them were still 29 years old at the time.

Latest posts