This is straight from the Big 10 regarding the Rose Bowl when not.....

ok, this is how Iowa gets to Rose Bowl.

Mich wins the rest of its games, including a blowout win against MSU and close win over OSU.

OSU wins all its games except for Mich, is 11-1 before its bowl.

MSU falls apart, is 9-3

Iowa goes 11-1, wins the west, loses CCG to Mich, Iowa is now 11-2 before bowl. Mich is now 12-1

Mich and OSU both get invited to CFP since the PAC-12 champ and ACC champ both have 2 losses.

Iowa gets invited to Rose Bowl to take on PAC-12 champion Utah, who is also 11-2.

If it comes down to Iowa or Michigan in the Rose, we don't have a snowballs' chance in hell of getting there. Right or wrong, it has already been determined that OSU, MSU, and Blue are far better teams than the rest of the BT.

I am running out of time to get to a Rose Bowl, which has always been a dream of mine. The last time Iowa went, there was no way I could afford to attend. Now, I can and will, if given the chance. But, in reality, if we end up in the Holiday, or in Tampa, I will go and enjoy the trip. And, yes, I know. We have a long road ahead of us, starting at NW on Saturday with a boat load of serious injuries. If we can get this one, it will be a minor miracle. But, I will be there, cheering on my Hawks!

If it comes down to Iowa or Michigan in the Rose, we don't have a snowballs' chance in hell of getting there. Right or wrong, it has already been determined that OSU, MSU, and Blue are far better teams than the rest of the BT.

I am running out of time to get to a Rose Bowl, which has always been a dream of mine. The last time Iowa went, there was no way I could afford to attend. Now, I can and will, if given the chance. But, in reality, if we end up in the Holiday, or in Tampa, I will go and enjoy the trip. And, yes, I know. We have a long road ahead of us, starting at NW on Saturday with a boat load of serious injuries. If we can get this one, it will be a minor miracle. But, I will be there, cheering on my Hawks!

I guarantee if Utah is the pac 12 representative in the Rose Bowl that there's no way they take Michigan and have a rematch… They would take Iowa in that scenario… Assuming we win the Big Ten west.

Just wondering how many of you only had us winning 5 games or less.Now we're figuring out what has to happen for us to not only go to a good bowl but the Rose Bowl.Some of you are pathetic.As beat up as we are we're going to have trouble moving forward.Hope the back ups play lights out. Go Hawks

Just wondering how many of you only had us winning 5 games or less.Now we're figuring out what has to happen for us to not only go to a good bowl but the Rose Bowl.Some of you are pathetic.As beat up as we are we're going to have trouble moving forward.Hope the back ups play lights out. Go Hawks

I highly doubt the people that had us winning 5 games or less are the same people talking bowls now. The first group of people are negative and the second group are positive. Should positive people not have the right to hope big just because there were other people thinking we would suck 6 weeks ago? What is your reasoning behind not wanting to discuss bowl scenarios?

I mean come on grandpa, we're halfway through the season and we have 2 games left against terrible teams, 2 games against bad teams, 1 game against a not very good team, and 1 game against a team about the same as us. We have been undefeated this far into the season 1 other time in 30 years. If we can't dream of a good season now, when can we?

There is nothing wrong with people discussing bowl possibilities. Telling people to "shhhhhhhhh" on a message board is rude.

In a gereneral scenario the Rose Bowl would take in this order:

1) Michigan
2) OSU
3) IOWA

They are not going to take Iowa over OSU because they have been there more recently.

Alright I will back off and let everyone dream.I just don't want to jinx the team,I'm always optimistic about our team every year until they prove me wrong. I said before season that our record would be 10-2 now hoping for better.As far as Rose Bowl yes if by chance we go there someday we will go.I know people that went to the others and said never again,has nothing to do with how we played.Way to crowded and seats aren't good,you're along ways from the field and everything is expensive.Just hoping we can get by Northwestern then get some guys healed up.So no more SHHHHHH let's keep winning and get the best Bowl we can.Go Hawks

Last edited:

Latest posts