This Is Probably Why Ferentz Doesn't Allow Twitter

Fryowa

Administrator
Not choosing sides here, but like it or not, Ferentz's social media policy prevents dumb shit like this from starting.

With all the money the U has, why don't they hire a full time person to hold weekly classes and refreshers to these kids on avoiding social media shit hurricanes. You know, like how the NFL has people who try to educate NFLers and stop them from Terrell Owensing themselves.

I saw this last night. I didn't see what was Tweeted at CM because I had blocked David L Rogers for his past bullshit.

That's the problem. Ignoring the trolls can be tough when you're in emotional state.

It got McCabe.

I think KF has the right idea.

It’s a stupid tweet.

Connor is in a tough spot. I felt bad for him on the bench having OSU students a row behind chanting Daddy’s boy.

Maybe I guess that’s what they sign up for as D1 athletes but that’s gotta be a tough situation.

I saw this last night. I didn't see what was Tweeted at CM because I had blocked David L Rogers for his past bullshit.

That's the problem. Ignoring the trolls can be tough when you're in emotional state.

It got McCabe.

I think KF has the right idea.
One of the problems is that Connor had a great opportunity last night in the interviews to make himself look mature and professional (which I thought he did), but then it only takes something like this to flip people's perception of him.

I know it's youth talking and I said ten people's worth of stupid things when I was a kid. But dang it.

One of the problems is that Connor had a great opportunity last night in the interviews to make himself look mature and professional (which I thought he did), but then it only takes something like this to flip people's perception of him.

I know it's youth talking and I said ten people's worth of stupid things when I was a kid. But dang it.

I would still say that as an adult to that guy. But he shouldn't because it looks bad. Unfortunate but true.

How much trouble would you (or I, for that matter) have gotten in if there were cell phones and/or social media back in our day? :)

joyreactorcomsocialmedia.jpeg

How much trouble would you (or I, for that matter) have gotten in if there were cell phones and/or social media back in our day? :)
Plenty. A big plenty. Which is why my kid is the only one in his grade without a phone lol. With any luck he'll be the only senior in high school without one.

I'm not saying kids don't do dumb things, just that whatever KF is doing seems to work as far as the Twitter tirades.

Fran yanked Twitter after McCabe's nervous breakdown, I just think he should have kept it off limits.

Plenty. A big plenty. Which is why my kid is the only one in his grade without a phone lol. With any luck he'll be the only senior in high school without one.

I'm not saying kids don't do dumb things, just that whatever KF is doing seems to work as far as the Twitter tirades.

Fran yanked Twitter after McCabe's nervous breakdown, I just think he should have kept it off limits.

I agree. However, social media, to this younger generation, is just normal communication. I think it would be smarter to be very cautious about responding to people where others could read/hear, but that's just a part of it now. I don't think I will ever get used to it (I don't discuss politics, etc. on social media), but the generation being brought up in this current world is just used to sharing ... everything with everybody. Damn, I sound ancient. :)

Hey man. You don't ever have to worry about your kid not having a phone so long as you have the #s for all his friends he's with... Saves you tons of $ and stress... You're a genius…

Hey man. You don't ever have to worry about your kid not having a phone so long as you have the #s for all his friends he's with... Saves you tons of $ and stress... You're a genius…
That's exactly how it goes right now lol. Don't have to worry about snapchat, facebook, online bullying stuff, none of it.

I didn't have one until I was 22, he'll be just fine without it.

joyreactorcomsocialmedia.jpeg
Oh the trouble i would have caused myself back in the day. It was bad enough with my own telegraph key. .-.. --- .-..

That's exactly how it goes right now lol. Don't have to worry about snapchat, facebook, online bullying stuff, none of it.

And look how that treated you...on Hawkeye Nation with this bunch of yahoos. You'd of been better off without it.

I agree. However, social media, to this younger generation, is just normal communication. I think it would be smarter to be very cautious about responding to people where others could read/hear, but that's just a part of it now. I don't think I will ever get used to it (I don't discuss politics, etc. on social media), but the generation being brought up in this current world is just used to sharing ... everything with everybody. Damn, I sound ancient. :)
I don't have any social media. And I love it.

No Facebook, Snapchat, Instagram, or any of whatever else there is. I do have a Twitter account and I follow only Hawkeye and sports stuff, but I stay anonymous on it and I've never tweeted.

Everyone I tell that, they can't believe I can function in the world. I think it's great.

Yeah CM needs to lay off the twitter trolls... Don't give them what they want. CM seems to be thin skinned. Not a good combination for communicating with refs on the floor or the trolls on twitter...

I was 20 when I caved back in early 2000s. Was out on my own 2 yrs before I got one. These middle schoolers and even HS kids don't 'need' one. Society and most parents just make them think they do. We aren't that far removed from an era where their wasn't any AC. The house I grew up in didn't have the vents for it going upstairs and Dad was too cheap to get me a window unit for my room. Just crazy how fast the world changes

I don't have any social media. And I love it.

No Facebook, Snapchat, Instagram, or any of whatever else there is. I do have a Twitter account and I follow only Hawkeye and sports stuff, but I stay anonymous on it and I've never tweeted.

Everyone I tell that, they can't believe I can function in the world. I think it's great.

I basically got social media accounts because my kids were getting them and I wanted to keep track of their activity. Now, as an empty nester, it is more to stay in touch with them (and friends) and follow media members.

I applaud you being able to stay away. I have a friend (in his 50s) who doesn't own a cell phone. Talk about a dinosaur. :)