This is one year where a home and away game with ISU would do wonders.

HaydenHawk56

The game is over and we need to move on. That said, I think it would put ISU fans more in their place when they would actually see what Iowa would do to them in Carver. Winning by 3 on your own homecourt, although nice, does not make you the king of the state. Nothing more.

The game is over and we need to move on. That said, I think it would put ISU fans more in their place when they would actually see what Iowa would do to them in Carver. Winning by 3 on your own homecourt, although nice, does not make you the king of the state. Nothing more.

We were saying the same thing last year.

You do see the ridiculousness of your post, right?

Last edited:

So create a new thread almost a week later. Great job of moving on. Bravo!

Iowa has the better team, but if they did play Iowa state again it is possible Iowa state might beat them again. On a given day almost anybody can beat anybody. UCLA might even beat Duke tonight.

Would still like to see a match up of IA vs ISU in the Elite 8 to settle the argument for this year though.

Who knows... Maybe these two teams can meet in the tourney. That would be INSANE

Would still like to see a match up of IA vs ISU in the Elite 8 to settle the argument for this year though.

Don't you guys know that we suck because we can't ever close? And that mainly falls on our coach for not recruiting and getting the right players in there? NIT here we come again....

:rolleyes:

I'd like to see it in the Championship game. It would be the single biggest deal for the entire state since Governor Terry BadAss Branstad got busted for speeding in his Batmobile.

The irony...

Iowa has the better team, but if they did play Iowa state again it is possible Iowa state might beat them again. On a given day almost anybody can beat anybody. UCLA might even beat Duke tonight.

Hate to burst your bubble, but ISU is the better team and proved it. Keep in mind that ISU has 3 New starters this year while Iowa has nearly everyone back.

Let it go. A loss does not make or break the season in basketball unless its the last game. Or you are a Wisconsin fan. Or an Illini fan. Where whining comes first and winning comes second.

I would not blame clown fans if they felt the same way last year when Iowa beat them in Carver.

Perhaps, but this is one of those special years when both teams were ranked going into the game. With all of the smack talk afterwards, it deserves a rematch, but will not happen unless these teams meet up in the Big Dance.

Hate to burst your bubble, but ISU is the better team and proved it. Keep in mind that ISU has 3 New starters this year while Iowa has nearly everyone back.

But if Iowa would have made freethrows to ice it (like they normaly would) and won they would have been the better team? Was Iowa the better team last year, even though ISU had the better season?

Winning one close game doesn't decide who is better. Thats why things like the nba playoffs are 7 games and are almost never sweeps.

I want nothing to do with playing Iowa State in a tournament game. I remember thinking that the Packers vs Bears NFC Championship game was way too stressful to even be fun and my team won.

But if Iowa would have made freethrows to ice it (like they normaly would) and won they would have been the better team? Was Iowa the better team last year, even though ISU had the better season?

Winning one close game doesn't decide who is better. Thats why things like the nba playoffs are 7 games and are almost never sweeps.

I don't know if they've proven enough to get the benefit of this doubt.

Latest posts