This is laughable.....

Q: Why are there no coaches here to discuss the workout program....

A: Due to HIPAA and FERPA laws we are not at liberty to discuss individual issues....

That is not exactly verbatim, but when I heard that I literally laughed out loud. So now HIPAA and FERPA cover winter workout programs for football players. I'm sorry, but this administration is turning into a laughing stock.

Barta, while a highly-skilled money guy, has appeared to be completely inept when it comes to PR and overall administration of an athletic department. A school as steeped in tradition and as respected as the U of I can do better.....MUCH better.

I was thinking the same thing, what a cop out. As if HIPAA has anything to do with the coaches talking about what the workouts were. There is no excuse for not a single member of the staff being there.

I'm with you. Very disappointed right now with Barta and Ferentz. The program and student-athletes deserve better.

Yeah, I understood not talking about specific people in the hospital, but I feel they used that to keep the training coaches out of the media until they could figure out what happened and prevent somebody from putting their foot in their mouth.

i didn't say they can do no wrong. but i don't see the point in starting 3 threads ******** about everything. you know you can post in threads that you don't start, right?

i didn't say they can do no wrong. but i don't see the point in starting 3 threads ******** about everything. you know you can post in threads that you don't start, right?

Different points in each thread. And if you can point me to the rules of this site that forbid the starting of new threads when the subject matter is different, I'd appreciate it.

Just for clarification, my new posts were:
1. Disappointment in the PR/Marketing Dept at Iowa
2. Disappointment in the media's handling of a story with little to no facts
3. Disappointment in the administration not making the leadership of the program available for questioning.

and how many threads are there on pretty much the same topics?

i completely agree and think its inexcusable that barta was not at the press conference. he's in charge of the program and needs to at least show his face. the very least. i also feel that kirk should have been there as well, however other people will complain when he doesn't land the recruits he left to come handle this matter.

but your overall point in this thread i agree with

Different points in each thread. And if you can point me to the rules of this site that forbid the starting of new threads when the subject matter is different, I'd appreciate it.

3. Disappointment in the administration not making the leadership of the program available for questioning.

Pretty disappointing day for you.

So you would be A-OK if there was absolutely no information to provide, so long as KF, Barta, Doyle, etc. were all there?

As you stated below, this is a story with little to no facts.

How would all of them being there really have changed the amount of information you have now when there isn't much to tell, that wasn't told today?

So you would be A-OK if there was absolutely no information to provide, so long as KF, Barta, Doyle, etc. were all there?

As you stated below, this is a story with little to no facts.

How would all of them being there really have changed the amount of information you have now when there isn't much to tell, that wasn't told today?

It's called LEADERSHIP!

Here's a story that has been picked up by the national media. You've got people from CBS, ESPN, Yahoo, etc painting a pretty ugly picture of our football program. Barta, as the leader of the athletic department, needed to be there if for no other reason than to show he's got the situation under control.

But since he wasn't, that actually becomes a bigger story than the 13 players in the hospital. It comes off looking like a leader that doesn't care.

Agreed, Barta should have been there.

As for those "painting an ugly picture of our football program", let's see, who's helping to rock that boat?

It's called LEADERSHIP!

Here's a story that has been picked up by the national media. You've got people from CBS, ESPN, Yahoo, etc painting a pretty ugly picture of our football program. Barta, as the leader of the athletic department, needed to be there if for no other reason than to show he's got the situation under control.

But since he wasn't, that actually becomes a bigger story than the 13 players in the hospital. It comes off looking like a leader that doesn't care.

people are making way too much of this, but yes, our PR dept is minor league. I think we need to realize that Iowa is a big deal outside the state.( the only real program in the state) and we need to start acting like it. when it comes to promoting or defending our athletic programs, we need people who are capable. we dont have that now, and we are seeing the consequences.

Latest posts