This is harder to take than the loss

gohawkz

The last few years I've become somewhat numb when we lose. Thanks to Ferentz I no longer let it ruin my entire day or week, so although it was frustrating..it wasn't unexpected.

Now Ferentz says that CJ could have played but he just chose to let him sit series after series in that 2nd half? Now I'm mad. :mad::mad::mad:

This feels like the last days for Alford and Lick. I don't have any faith in the coach and want him gone, but I was a Hawk before the coach showed up and I'll be one til the day I die. So I still watch every minute of the trainwreck, hoping for a day I can watch a Hawkeye team without Ferentz as the coach.

Yes, there is no promise that a new coach will have success. Even a school with the prominence and advantages of Michigan failed with their hire. I know that a new coach is not a guarantee that we'll be back where I want this program, but if we stay with Ferentz it's a guarantee that we won't.

I'm just sick of Ferentz and his smug answers to everything when questioned about things. He needs to go because this program has been treading water for the last few years.

There is no reason why Iowa should have lost to Iowa State and to Maryland, and they shouldn't have had to scrap to beat UNI, Ball State, and Indiana. This is sad stuff it it won't change as long as Ferentz is here. He got paid market value when he got his raise but he's not giving market results for his pay anymore and needs to be let go.

I know I'll get ripped for saying this but it's the truth. Everything goes to the top and Ferentz is at the top.

Yeah, I'm with you.

I don't get mad at the coaching anymore. It's not worth it. It's not going to change.

Criticize? Yep. But it's not worth the emotional energy.

As long as there are fans in the stands and he is winning at least 6-8 games and making a bowl, he has nothing to worry about....and he knows that. He is 1 game away from accomplishing this feat/threshold and with this weak schedule he will get this. And, he can even accomplish this with playing Jake in the style that he likes to play.

Just got done listening to Jon's' podcast....I agree with Jon that the ceiling with Jake is 8 wins. That would be right on schedule for Ferentz.

We will be competitive with Ferentz.....just not a championship team. Could be a lot worse, but could be better. Anymore I think you have to take it a game at a time and hope the teams get on a roll to change the narrative a bit that the staff wants to deploy and hope it is enough in the end.

We will be bowling.....hopefully some warm place. Basically Meh, but it could be a lot worse.

It is unfortunate but I too have become numb to losses. Too many games being outcoached against inferior coaches and teams. We are simply an "average" program. And that's too bad because the university and its fans have invested more than "average" time and money to the program.

KF is Belichick without the championships. I hate how smug and stubborn he has become and almost arrogant which I thought impossible earlier in his career. To not play CJB at all with as pathetic a job a JR was doing was nothing but a big FU to the fans and the media and it cost his team a game in all likelihood.

I'm nor a KF fan anymore. Thanks for the outback wins and the hypertension Kurt. But the sun has set.

Iowa is down 17-14 and Maryland is down to their 3rd string quarterback, and we can't pull ahead and win?!
Tells you all you need to know about the coaching.

KF is Belichick without the championships. I hate how smug and stubborn he has become and almost arrogant which I thought impossible earlier in his career. To not play CJB at all with as pathetic a job a JR was doing was nothing but a big FU to the fans and the media and it cost his team a game in all likelihood.

I'm nor a KF fan anymore. Thanks for the outback wins and the hypertension Kurt. But the sun has set.

I like how people compare ferentz with belichek... the ONLY thing they have in common is how they run their pressers...

Belichek has x50 the cerebral power and innovation that Ferentz has.

They aren't even in the same galaxy.

Latest posts