This is for hardcore Iowa FB fans only: KMM TDs

A lot of teams will use Derby's route to cross to the other hash to draw the safeties attention ("crossing his face")...4 verts is a cover 3 killer as well as a great man beater.

Yes, this play has been the 3rd and 10+ staple for NCAA football for many many years.

It's kinda like the crane technique, if done proper, no can defense.

He was correct the play has been on NCAA for years. It's always been one of my favorites, but in the game, the TE is the one that generally comes open, more often against a cover 2/3 look.

I run this play (or something similar) in Madden all the time. If the safety goes over to help cover the left receiver running the streak, I hit the TE over the top of the LB’s. If the safety stays put to cover the TE, I have one on one coverage. Works all the time. Great play.

More of this please. Advanced breakdowns like this would take Hawkeyenation to a very high level of quality in my opinion.

This play is nearly non defensible when run correctly. Common problems are simply receivers floating off routes n letting one safety or cb cover one guy, or qb floating the ball n allowing the same. It's playground simplicity adds to my love of this play, though proper execution is much more difficult.

This play is nearly non defensible when run correctly. Common problems are simply receivers floating off routes n letting one safety or cb cover one guy, or qb floating the ball n allowing the same. It's playground simplicity adds to my love of this play, though proper execution is much more difficult.

Yeah, with a misplaced throw the outside corner can sometimes come off his man to make the play. But, JVB and Co. ran it to perfection.

It amazes me how complex simple plays are. We play Ncaa12 and think we could do this stuff, just unreal.

A lot of football plays are like playing the saxophone - anyone can get a sound within seconds, but true mastery takes hours of work.

There is a comment at the bottom of one of gamefilm's linked articles about the executional wrinkles that "make this play go" - it's not just sending 4 guys running downfield.

This was interesting. Would like to see more of these. On this particular play, it looks like it would be pretty easy to have good spacing between the receivers. It seems like spacing is occasionally an issue for Iowa. When VB (or Stanzi last year) appears to be throwing into tight coverage, it often looks like two Iowa receivers are right on top of each other.

Latest posts