This coaching search is amazing

busabus114

Who wouldve guessed that after nearly 2 weeks 80% (EIGHTY!) of people on this board would be in favor of hiring an assistant coach. Not saying it would be bad, just saying how amazing it is if you take a step back. If i wouldve posted after Lick was fired that the next coach was going to be Steve Forbes the board wouldve exploded

As Hawkeye Nation turns....

When you see stuff like Boylen & Marshall & Pawtucket Pete, Assistant Coaches start sounding pretty good

When you see stuff like Boylen & Marshall & Pawtucket Pete, Assistant Coaches start sounding pretty good

I agree but no one on this board knows who the actual candidates are. Its just funny how the possibility of Boylin and Marshall has everyone scrambling to hire Forbes.

I agree but no one on this board knows who the actual candidates are. Its just funny how the possibility of Boylin and Marshall has everyone scrambling to hire Forbes.
I honestly believe that the scramble for Forbes (sounds like some historic battle or something doesn't it?) has been a result of people actually just taking some time and really learning something about him. Most of the people that have had the "Forbes Revelation" have listened to his interviews, read about his recruiting success, heard the word of mouth from gentlemen like Marc & came to the conclusion that he really DOES seem like a great hire.

I actually stated before this search even began that I would rather have an experienced assistant that could recruit than another mid major head coach. So I feel I have stayed true to my word.

Of course, everyone would rather have a coach with head coaching experience at a BCS school. It seems like the chances of us getting that seem to get smaller and smaller. And the mid major candidates that are getting leaked out are underwhelming to say the least.

I doubt there are many people who consider Forbes there number one choice. A lot of us just feel he is the best option for the realistic candidates that are remaining.

We all knew that this hire was critical for our program because not only do we need someone to come in and rebuild quickly, but we also need someone to unify the fan base and create excitement within the program.

Those 80 percent seem to be more in touch with reality than Barta . Nobody seems to want the guys on his list and I hope he gets the message.

I honestly believe that the scramble for Forbes (sounds like some historic battle or something doesn't it?) has been a result of people actually just taking some time and really learning something about him. Most of the people that have had the "Forbes Revelation" have listened to his interviews, read about his recruiting success, heard the word of mouth from gentlemen like Marc & came to the conclusion that he really DOES seem like a great hire.

Exactly. This is why I was so high on Mike Dunlap three years ago and still am today...I heard the name, did some research, and liked what I found.

This is also why I would not be unhappy if Forbes were hired.

I agree bu there is no need to rush it. Forbes will always be there. He is the fallback option. I am hoping for Drew but would rather have Forbes than some of the Izzo assts being thrown around

I agree bu there is no need to rush it. Forbes will always be there. He is the fallback option. I am hoping for Drew but would rather have Forbes than some of the Izzo assts being thrown around
I was all down on Drew to begin with, but now I would be A-OK w/ Drew at the helm. He was hired after the violations & mess and turned Baylor into a winner w/ great recruiting.

Those 80 percent seem to be more in touch with reality than Barta . Nobody seems to want the guys on his list and I hope he gets the message.

NO ONE knows who is on his list. Its all a guess....thats my point

If you could show me the list and prove that the only options are Boylin and the guy from Wright State then i will be 100% behind Forbes. I am holding out hope that the search committee isnt that dumb and they are interviewing these guys to meet some sort of quota

seriously tho- no matter who gets hired- none of us are gonna care in 5 months for a couple months

I was all down on Drew to begin with, but now I would be A-OK w/ Drew at the helm. He was hired after the violations & mess and turned Baylor into a winner w/ great recruiting.

What Drew did at Baylor is amazing. If you can recruit to WACO then you can recruit to Iowa City

What Drew did at Baylor is amazing. If you can recruit to WACO then you can recruit to Iowa City

we think that- but do recruits think iowa city is that much better than waco? hell to be honest is iowa city better than waco? ok that was stupid- ofcourse iowa city is better, but do potential recruits know that?

we think that- but do recruits think iowa city is that much better than waco? hell to be honest is iowa city better than waco? ok that was stupid- ofcourse iowa city is better, but do potential recruits know that?

I dont know but I'm going to assume yes, we have to assume yes. If the answer is no we wont even be able to get Forbes

All right busabus -- I'll up the ante for ya:

Is Iowa City better than Waco? You decide:

wacothemovie.jpg

Gregory seems to be Barta's flavor of the day and that isn't anything to get exited about. I agree that Drew is a very good coach but I just can't see any reason why he would come to Iowa. He seems happy there and has a good recruiting class coming in plus Baylor will come up with more money if another school comes after him.

Latest posts