This Cant Be Good.....

I don't get too worked up over recruits looking....if they look and leave, then great.....better than taking up a scholly and then bolting after the end of the season and you're scrambling to fill that spot in addition to wasting a year on development of a player that leaves. The unfortunate thing is that he's a DE and we have a HUGE need for an athletic DE that can get to the QB.

If he and Hill leave those were 2 of the first 3 commits to Iowa this year. This early committing thing is dumb in my opinion but that's where it is. I would like to see 2 signing periods like in bball. One in August and one in February. Anyway if he leaves it won't break Iowa's program and I wouldn't blame him if he did go to play for his dad. With Hill, I think it is more of he had an offer from Iowa and liked Iowa, and then he blew up after the Nike camp. Then more interest from more high profile programs came and some offers. My guess is if he had been a 4 star prior to his committing to Iowa he may have looked around earlier than committing then looking. Just my thoughts.

One would think an early signing period will be coming down the pipe in the next few years, especially with more and more kids committing earlier and earlier. Without it, you will see more of these types of commits like Kenney. Commit early to the best offer you have so a place at the table is saved and then start looking around for other places to jump to.

Agree that an early signing period is needed. And while these things happen this one really hurts. We have very little talent at the defensive end position.

Scout.com: Uncertain Future

This was a good read on Scout. It seems like John Kenny has a good head on his shoulders and he'll be at Iowa. I believe that. I think David Kenney is looking for reasons to bolt. Just my opinion. I liked how in this article JK contradicted every statement that DK made about them.

DK: I think we are a package deal
JK: No we're not

was my favorite. I hope both come to Iowa, but if David Kenney is that unsure, maybe he should go to IU, since they're so Up and coming.

Latest posts