This Board: Losersville

yeah, i know, i have to take a step back too at times. i've had stuff happen in my life that makes me see the big picture more than i used to though. win or loose i love (and hate) being a hawk. love to watch them at kinnick, love the hawk hauler, love a win at kinnick...and i like kf as a man so i'll take him with wins or losses

OP,

I've sat "quietly" by and read all the comments after yesterday.
I understand there's angst on your part on the flamethrowing and personal attacks.

However, and I think I'm level headed....the program isn't going anywhere. We go 7-5 with major NFL talent. We keep making the same mistakes over and over. We are getting handled by lesser and medicore talent IMO.

I think people's opinions that a change wouldn't be disastrous is not out of line.

+1,000.

I used to dread the day Ferentz announced he was taking an NFL job, going somewhere else or retiring.

I don't any more.

I am still not completely sure why I can't comment on coach's and players onfield performance without it being deemed a personal attack or calling out. I guess I will stick to comments about how nice our stadium looks with patriotic cards and how much I like our uniforms.......

url

This is the point its not just one game. Its a couple of these games every year where we lose to teams we shouldnt.

Also losers most of the time dont question things they just keep doing what there doing.

Like the defense? Not calling them out per-say, but sounds like a familiar strategy.

I was at the Minnesota game. Yes, we lost. It was a heartbreaking defeat. We should have won. We didn't. We made a ton of mistakes, but I didn't see any lack of effort.

I'm not giving up on this coaching staff or this team. We're going to beat Michigan saturday.

And all of these negative losers on this board: You make me sick to my stomach. My God, the negativity and personal comments about coaches and players. Nobody felt worse about this loss than KF and his coaching staff. Let it go and move on, people.

It was one game. ONE GAME. Jerry Kill is a good coach. We had almost 500 yards of total offense. I'm not discouraged in the least. What is wrong with you people? Are you as negative in your personal life as you are on this board?

LOSERS
so for calling me a loser and what not I'm going to say that you like to settle for average and have never in your life tried to go for the gold, to be the man. if you like losing to ISU and Minny then so be it, if you like being average that is your problem. Speaking for myself I want the best out of myself, my kids, my family and friends on any given day of the week, so I'm nota loser just a life long fan that doesn't see the Iowa football program as average.

I agree Chosen...even Jon stated it himself about the posters on the boards are not how the majority of the fan base feels. I have been going to games for decades. Seen it all and I would rather watch what I see today than the 70's again.

Jon said it best...I read the boards daily and don't post because many times posters make me sick to their stomachs and think they know it all...most of them never coached or ever, ever played the game...in my opinion....

I agree Chosen...even Jon stated it himself about the posters on the boards are not how the majority of the fan base feels. I have been going to games for decades. Seen it all and I would rather watch what I see today than the 70's again.

Jon said it best...I read the boards daily and don't post because many times posters make me sick to their stomachs and think they know it all...most of them never coached or ever, ever played the game...in my opinion....

I've played football - I've coached footbal... but that doesnt mean jack **** about having an opinion about things.

For one if Jon thinks its not the way a majority of peopl feel... I'm not sure about that one... EVERYONE I talked to after the game was furious at the coaching staff.

On a side note - it generally isn't a good idea to make "loser" posts about people who feel differently than you do.

The losers were the 1-7 team we got smacked upside the head by

One game? Its another game where Iowa was outcoached. Another game that Iowa had their opponent out manned and lost. Another game where the team was unprepared.

I was at the Minnesota game. Yes, we lost. It was a heartbreaking defeat. We should have won. We didn't. We made a ton of mistakes, but I didn't see any lack of effort.

I'm not giving up on this coaching staff or this team. We're going to beat Michigan saturday.

And all of these negative losers on this board: You make me sick to my stomach. My God, the negativity and personal comments about coaches and players. Nobody felt worse about this loss than KF and his coaching staff. Let it go and move on, people.

It was one game. ONE GAME. Jerry Kill is a good coach. We had almost 500 yards of total offense. I'm not discouraged in the least. What is wrong with you people? Are you as negative in your personal life as you are on this board?

LOSERS

I can handle losing and I do not expect us to be playing in the national title game, but your bar is set so low it is disturbing. MN is a a really bad team and Kill hasn't had them competitive all season UNTIL we play them. It's not the loss, it's how we lose / play not to win. Our offense has to carry the load this year and despite all the talk we heard in the offseason, we are the most predictable team in the conference (again).

This is the point its not just one game. Its a couple of these games every year where we lose to teams we shouldnt.

Also losers most of the time dont question things they just keep doing what there doing.

Exactly - Minnsota was "just one game". ISU was "just one game". All the losses to NW over the years, each of them were "just one game".

All of Steve Alford and Todd Lickliter's losses each were "just one game".

In football, "one game" is about 10% of your season. You need to win every game you possibly can, because each win or loss has a huge impact on your final record.

Every year, we seem to cough up a couple games against teams like ISU, Indiana, Minnesota, etc. That's the difference between going 7-5 and 9-3.

Latest posts