This 1992 on thing screws Iowa

2 more years and you have a 20 year book of work, instead they use 18.

What Iowa misses 18-5-1 and 2 bowl games: Rose and Holiday
What Wiscy misses 6-16

Those two extra years make a lot of difference when seeding IA and Wiscy.

We would seed better than Wiscy when looking at the past 10 or 30 years with the last 20 being more of a wash.

But somehow, we are using 18 years, and Wiscy gets seeded 5th.

Hmmm, let's hope Iowa makes some serious noise this year, because it is B.S. if we get sent to the East.

We have a couple outlier seasons during the end of Fry's and beginning of Ferentz's tenure, those years really bring our numbers down. I agree the East is a tougher row to hoe. Not only is the competition better with PSU and OSU but none of our border-state rival are even in our division with the exception of Illinois who historically has been pretty terrible.

It will suck if Iowa is on the opposite side of Wisconsin and Minnesota AND it out east. I can't imagine it will happen though. Iowa is the second furthest school to the West geographically and are going to be paired with NE... i think that's a given. I just don't see them being put in the East because NE won't be in the East... it just doesn't jive.
I would bet money on this:

EAST:
osu
psu
wisc
minn
indiana
purdue

WEST:
mich - prot OSU
neb - prot PSU
iowa - protected game with MN, give up WI (which sucks big time)
msu
illinois
northwestern

It just seems to make the most sense and splits up the divisions really well in terms of parity. I would HATE to give up the annual Wisconsin game, FAR more than MN.

My thoughts exactly. That is the best possible scenario for everyone.

Michigan/OSU - best rivalry game in the nation
Nebrask/PSU - Sounds like the league has wanted this since Nebbie was added
Iowa/Minny - long time border rivals
Wiscy/MSU - border rivals
Illinois/Indiana - border state schools
Northwestern/Purdue - border academia schools

I just don't see divisional alignments not putting Iowa and Nebraska in the same division. Otherwise Nebbie would be the only school in the conference to be in a division without another sharing a border with anyone else in that division.

What Wiscy misses 6-16

We would seed better than Wiscy when looking at the past 10 or 30 years with the last 20 being more of a wash.

Hmmm, let's hope Iowa makes some serious noise this year, because it is B.S. if we get sent to the East.

I think they are using 1993 as the starting point because that is the year Penn St came into the league.

What Wiscy misses 6-16

Better yet use the last ten years. Iowa easily jumps up to number four and quite possibly could be number three. They have as many Big Ten titles in the last 10 years as Michigan and Penn St. They own Penn St and their down years haven't been as bad as Michigan's. IMO- Iowa has been the second best team in the Big Ten over the last decade

Latest posts