Think about this

skinnykilmer17

If the two major universities in our fine state, and I do mean fine, are so corrupted by the almighty sports dollar that they can't even conduct a proper investigation into the assault of one school's band members then how would the power brokers, the big donors, the regents, the administrators, the AD's, the coaches et al respond if an even bigger scandal occurred like what happened at Michigan St or Penn St?

If the two major universities in our fine state, and I do mean fine, are so corrupted by the almighty sports dollar that they can't even conduct a proper investigation into the assault of one school's band members then how would the power brokers, the big donors, the regents, the administrators, the AD's, the coaches et al respond if an even bigger scandal occurred like what happened at Michigan St or Penn St?
I can see this incident getting worse next year. Since no one was charged my fear is that some fans next year at Iowa will feel the need to retaliate which would add fuel to the fire all because the adults in the room chose to sweep this incident under the rug.

Gotta add Baylor to that proud list.

Lesson: if you see a crime, don't involve the university before involving police. Serving it up for the bureaucrats to handle just invites the ass-covering to begin.

And in some cases even the police are involved in the cover up. See Florida St.

If there is a formal complaint to authorities, it should be investigated regardless of whether or not it was reported that night. If there is reason to believe that something that ISU encouraged or turned a blind eye to, it should be addressed. Fact is, it's a legal matter. Dont whine at the U of Iowa. They dont have special powers. Hire an attorney or contact greater legal authorities. The University has nothing to do with it. Perhaps if they dont have enough staff to supervise the band traveling to road games, we should leave the bands at home. Everybody wins. I just think fight the battle with law enforcement, not the university. This isnt hug a tree week. You cant cry to teacher. Contact the authorities like everyone else has to. They ARE adult human beings over the age of 18. Be a citizen, dont expect your teachers or university or mom and dad to do it. I'm not saying they weren't assaulted, but it's a matter for the legal authorities. If you feel the u of iowa or ISU created an environment that was inherently unsafe and were negligent in providing security, file a civil suit. More putative damages for the tax payers cover. Take a karate class.

Latest posts