thin at running backs,no problem

swhawk

i think we all need to calm down about this subject. the depth chart has BW as the starter,and even if he cant go,which im sure the coaching staff has taken into consideration,there is a plan B,C .lets not forget the 2004 season,did sam brownlee think he would be the starter in august?, i never heard of him until october of that season. iowa seemed to do ok then,

I'd have to agree..Arob has done a great job....I think behind a veteran offensive line and with the leadership on this team you'll see BW grow up right before your eyes...the kids a frickin gamer....let him roll...

This is no knock on Stanzi, but comparisons to the 2004 season may not be appropriate because Drew Tate had a level of elusiveness that Stanzi does not have. He bought himself extra time in the pocket.

Now O'Keefe could make any Detroit Lions team from the past 5 years into the best offense in the NFL and I have the utmost confidence in him, but running an offense with a slightly immobile QB and Wegher as the number 1 RB is going to be a challenge. Thank goodness O'Keefe will be up to the task.

Passing game will have to stitch it up. More double TE sets and short routes to get yards on first and second down. Screens to Wegher and Morse, too. We'll get there. Go Hawks.

The only thing that concerns me is that the short passes seem to be where Stanzi had his interception problems early in the year. Looks like he may have that under control, but it still makes me a little nervous.

I like Ricky and all, but he is not the QB that Drew Tate was in that 2004 season. And if you will go back and check the stats, we were alright because Drew flew around and threw all over the place. We couldn't run the ball at all. We need a running game to continue this streak. Hopefully, Wegher will get the bulk of the carries and be up to the task.

Stanzi doesn't have to be mobile. He just needs to be accurate and rely on Moeaki and his stable of WRs. Iowa will need to run too, but I have faith in one of the 15 OBrien finalists.

Latest posts