There's something about Iowa BB/FB

Joshbrown

I'm seeing some predictions on the FB board about Tanner Lee having a career day against Iowa tomorrow.

Who knows if that will happen. But whether it be the FB team or the BB team Iowa has a habit of making ordinary players look like all-world superstars.

Can someone explain that to me?

I'm seeing some predictions on the FB board about Tanner Lee having a career day against Iowa tomorrow.

Who knows if that will happen. But whether it be the FB team or the BB team Iowa has a habit of making ordinary players look like all-world superstars.

Its an athletic contest. It depends on how good your coaches are and how athletic your players are. Iowa made the northwestern point guard look like the greatest point guard in NCAA history last year.

Steel Jantz can probably explain it to you.

Have two opposing football coaches ever been fired on the same day...following the last game of each team for the season?

History in the making tomorrow?

The real story tomorrow will be how a defense that had been absolutely torched for 2 weeks and 110 points will look like Alabama's defense suddenly and in explicitly

It is a combination of coaching/scheme, recruiting, and player development. I think it is quite likely both programs have had a number of players throw in the towel mentally out of frustration from the above three problems. And, not enough in game adjustments are made to put out the fire. Being stubborn, lacking mental toughness/cohesiveness, and very predictable has been the bane of our football and basketball programs in reaching the next level.

Have two opposing football coaches ever been fired on the same day...following the last game of each team for the season?

History in the making tomorrow?

I think you're forgetting who our AD is.. Ferentz isn't going anywhere. Especially with that huge contract he was given just recently. A coach who was just given a 200 year extension isn't about to get fired. Sorry - people need to come to terms with the fact that Barta is all-in with KF.

Barta has set the bar so low for Ferentz, he will never fire him. Said the other day that Iowa was having another terrific season. Wonder howl he will feel next year when attendance drops again even further.

Barta has set the bar so low for Ferentz, he will never fire him. Said the other day that Iowa was having another terrific season. Wonder howl he will feel next year when attendance drops again even further.
I don’t know if he truly thinks that way, or just trying to be positive.

If the players hadn't threatened to leave the program I think Lickliter would still be the Iowa basketball coach. The main concern for Barta isn't the success of the football and basketball programs which isn't necessarily a bad thing, but I think he should be fired for letting ferentz hire his son and son-in-law.

If the players hadn't threatened to leave the program I think Lickliter would still be the Iowa basketball coach. The main concern for Barta isn't the success of the football and basketball programs which isn't necessarily a bad thing, but I think he should be fired for letting ferentz hire his son and son-in-law.

Trust me, it's a bad thing.