There's just something not right about this team....

I finally get it!!! College football coaches need to quit watching all this film, quit spending all these hours in meetings and practices and game planning, and just read message boards for ALL the answers to their 'problems', Bahahahahahahaha.....................The saddest part is, is that you 'people' don't even get my joke!!! You ACTUALLY believe that what you say on these sites is relevant!!! Lol.....................

After watching the tape (was at the game) the defense played pretty good,gave up a few plays and a few missed tackles but did pretty good considering how much they were on the field.The offense needs to clean some things up but the sky's not falling,special teams is a weapon that we need.Keep improving,cut down on mental mistakes and kick NW's butt.Go Hawks

I'll blame poor play calling, lack of o-line depth, poor tackling, Ken O'keefe, the sun being too bright, 11:00AM kickoff, and Mark Weisman before I blame Desmond King's support of the black lives matter movement for our poor play

The whole kapernick BS has caused endless drama in NFL locker rooms.
No way is a locker full of immature college students immune. Especially since a majority of Iowas team are had working blue collar guys who I'm
Sure don't appreciate diva behavior from a star.

I finally get it!!! College football coaches need to quit watching all this film, quit spending all these hours in meetings and practices and game planning, and just read message boards for ALL the answers to their 'problems', Bahahahahahahaha.....................The saddest part is, is that you 'people' don't even get my joke!!! You ACTUALLY believe that what you say on these sites is relevant!!! Lol.....................
Do you believe this? Are there a few crazy people out there? Sure. But most people are venting and giving opinions. Nobody thinks Greg Davis and KF are ready anything and making changes. It's a message board, nobody is writing gospel on here, including you.

The whole kapernick BS has caused endless drama in NFL locker rooms.
No way is a locker full of immature college students immune. Especially since a majority of Iowas team are had working blue collar guys who I'm
Sure don't appreciate diva behavior from a star.

Just stop

The only thing that is not right is the run defense, WR play and pass blocking. I don't see any internal strife signs. I see players playing hard and fighting for each other but making mistakes.

The only thing that is right is the kicking game. We haven't faced a decent team yet at the big ten level, and we're already getting exposed. Wait until we play MN, WI, MI, NE, hell even PSU. This defense isn't going to stop anybody, and we have no passing game at all, so guess what.. Teams will stack the box and stop the run. How are we going to score?

The only thing that is not right is the run defense, WR play and pass blocking. I don't see any internal strife signs. I see players playing hard and fighting for each other but making mistakes.

If the team is unified and spirited, it could still be a good season ahead.

I think Parker will play attacking (risky) D going forward. He has learned from msu and ndsu that it's foolish to get beaten up black and blue on long timeconsuming drives. He showed that against Rutgers. So we may give up a big play or two but won't have a completely exhausted D in the 4th going forward.

The O also might be scheduled to wake up. What's missing isn't even WR play (which could use improvement) imo as much as a lack of a cohesive poa. The play calling seems random so far and isn't allowing our guys to settle down and dictate anything. Still hopeful there because I think underestimated opponents (ndsu) and have played cconservatively so far.

Or maybe Cowherd has been right all this time.....Honestly, some of you act like you just became Hawk fans yesterday. The sky isn't falling. I honestly think we're going to see some big plays out of our receivers this week and it's possible that MVB's injury could cause us to run to pass first, which it doesn't seem we've been doing enough of lately. We also need to clean up some of the mental mistakes. To me this seems like a typical Iowa team that won't peak until November.

Not worried about King or any internal strife. I am however worried that CJB is hurt. Either that or the staff has told him to stay in the pocket so much that he's now thinking too much, instead of making plays. That's just my gut feeling though.

The only thing that is right is the kicking game. We haven't faced a decent team yet at the big ten level, and we're already getting exposed. Wait until we play MN, WI, MI, NE, hell even PSU. This defense isn't going to stop anybody, and we have no passing game at all, so guess what.. Teams will stack the box and stop the run. How are we going to score?

I'm not going to agree with the kicking game being the only thing that is right, but that said I'd change that to punting and kickoff game. We've yet to see much of anything in terms of field goals or extra points for that matter recently.

Do you believe this? Are there a few crazy people out there? Sure. But most people are venting and giving opinions. Nobody thinks Greg Davis and KF are ready anything and making changes. It's a message board, nobody is writing gospel on here, including you.

I was really hoping no one would respond to him, he was getting desperate there for a minute after no responses in a few threads. He so badly needed a response....so badly.

I was really hoping no one would respond to him, he was getting desperate there for a minute after no responses in a few threads. He so badly needed a response....so badly.
my bad, I suppose I need to follow the do not reply protocol. Funny thing is, I almost never reply to him. I guess everyone is onto his game now. Maybe he will go away.

my bad, I suppose I need to follow the do not reply protocol. Funny thing is, I almost never reply to him. I guess everyone is onto his game now. Maybe he will go away.

He seems to not even be trying to hide it anymore. Just a bunch of lol's and ..........

There's nothing to 'hide'. I gave you 'folks' way to much credit. The sad part is there are a lot of 'real fans' that want o talk 'football' and try to learn some things, but you dorfs.
After watching the tape (was at the game) the defense played pretty good,gave up a few plays and a few missed tackles but did pretty good considering how much they were on the field.The offense needs to clean some things up but the sky's not falling,special teams is a weapon that we need.Keep improving,cut down on mental mistakes and kick NW's butt.Go Hawks

will never let that happen

He seems to not even be trying to hide it anymore. Just a bunch of lol's and ..........
Hide what? You 'dirty dozen' tards are freekin hilarious!!! What intelligent person couldn't laugh at our 'opinions', LOL................................... I talked to 20 'good' fans tonite in person, and we had a great conversation about the team. I finally am figuring out what 'type' of 'fan' hides out on a message board.

Hide what? You 'dirty dozen' tards are freekin hilarious!!! What intelligent person couldn't laugh at our 'opinions', LOL................................... I talked to 20 'good' fans tonite in person, and we had a great conversation about the team. I finally am figuring out what 'type' of 'fan' hides out on a message board.

Ummmmm.....you are "hiding" on a message board, and I presume you are a "fan". Just saying.

Agree, still early but somebody/something has to light a fire under this team's a** soon.

That could be part of the problem.... We do not have cohesiveness. And then the coaches are pounding into these guys. Even Kirk railed on the guys a week or so ago. That fire did not light squat...

It reminds me a little like Greg Davis' first year. Old Kirk forcing his offensive demands into an offensive scheme designed the opposite way. Things did not mess. The Davis system with Old Kirk's offensive philosophies, is a lot like pounding a square peg in a round hole. It won't work.... But the special needs kid just keeps trying.... Things are definitely clashing.

That's just the offensive side. Although that is hurting the defense. Since they are always on the field, AND Kirk has never been huge on player rotation... Instead of tiring teams out in the second half, we are already gassed come midway through the 3rd quarter.

I am not throwing the towel in yet. But this team looks to be off the tracks, like the coaches have lost them. Whether they can right the ship or not, is a prediction that does not have favorable odds. Fingers crossed!

When you go 12-0 in the previous year and return an All Big 10 QB, 2/3rds of your RBs, 3 of 5 of your OL, your leading pass catching WR, your leading pass catching TE, both DTs, 2 of 3 LBs, and 3 of 4 DBs....there is an expectation that you should come out of the gates for the next season pretty good.....developmental program or not. That this shouldn't be the "typical" September where they spend the first month trying to "fit the pieces together".

However, that hasn't been the case at all. In what is most certainly the easiest part of our schedule (the 1st 4 games), we have given up an avg of 180yds/game on the ground and none of those yards have been "gimmicky"....they've pretty much been right at the heart of our defense. In addition, we are DEAD FREAKING LAST in the number of offensive plays run in all of FBS. On top of that, our best returning starter just had his captain title removed. And multiple times during the last couple of broadcasts there has been talk of Iowa's sideline being "dead" and void of emotion.

NONE of the above is Iowa football as we have grown accustomed. Even in our worst years we never gave up this many rushing yards on defense. And I read somewhere that there hasn't been a mid-season captain replacement since 2012 when Micah Hyde was arrested for DUI and he was put back as captain a month later.

I've heard rumblings that King lost his captainship due to issues surrounding his desire to want to do a National Anthem protest and that it may be dividing the locker room currently. Who knows at this point.....but the fact remains that this team looks nothing like it should be looking when you factor in the amount of impact players that returned, the fairly pedestrian schedule at the beginning of the season and the momentum from last year.

So something definitely appears to be "off" right now....
Half the team, including CJ are giant red-neck Trump supporters, so I could see the King theory being true

King came out and said he isn't political and doesn't get into protest stuff. Listen to the OnIowa podcast, Moorehouse asked him about it.

Latest posts