There is a positive in this

They are what they are. An average team by every measure.

There is time for them to improve, but it must be at a faster rate than in years past.

The easy schedule may end up masking a lot of problems, but there are no gimmies (see Minnesota and Indiana games last year).

I see Northwestern enjoying watching the Iowa film this week....

I don't think it will be pretty as Persa will slice our D apart in the air and on the ground and the offense won't be able to keep up, 37-24 Cats.

This maybe the one year when our D is a better match for a spread team like NW.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m_N1OjGhIFc]Dennis Green Flips - YouTube[/ame]

Hey, I found my positive. I don't have to feel no anxiety the rest of this season because today proved they are not going to do anything worthwhile. I can spend the rest of my 'fall' saturdays to do other things.

But, I can't wait for basketball, could be exciting:)

Then have fun...we don't need ya

We now know for certain who we are this year. Its going to be a building year. We will probably surprise someone - BUT this is a poor IOWA team by our standards.

We will be rolled by many teams - Mich, Nebr.... maybe we upset MSU... I think we struggle with Indiana and history says we wont be able to keep up with NU.. Purdue = toss up

We have a very average D-line and a very average O-line. We have an inexperienced QB who right now melts under pressure. The positives are young guys will get a year of experience and maybe some new guys come in and fill some spots.
I have a bad, bad feeling about the rest of the year. I can easily see 5-7. I just hope JVB doesn't go JC6 on us.

Latest posts