There is a positive in this

hwks1

We now know for certain who we are this year. Its going to be a building year. We will probably surprise someone - BUT this is a poor IOWA team by our standards.

We will be rolled by many teams - Mich, Nebr.... maybe we upset MSU... I think we struggle with Indiana and history says we wont be able to keep up with NU.. Purdue = toss up

We have a very average D-line and a very average O-line. We have an inexperienced QB who right now melts under pressure. The positives are young guys will get a year of experience and maybe some new guys come in and fill some spots.

Next year will be a rebuilding year as well. That's why I'd like to see every young dlineman we have getting reps this season. I know they are undersized...but so are the guys we're using now. Get the young guys some experience and try and prep for next season.

Was a rebuilding year to begin with. I just didn't think the D would have to learn how to tackle all over again. Oh well.

We now know for certain who we are this year. Its going to be a building year. We will probably surprise someone - BUT this is a poor IOWA team by our standards.

We will be rolled by many teams - Mich, Nebr.... maybe we upset MSU... I think we struggle with Indiana and history says we wont be able to keep up with NU.. Purdue = toss up

We have a very average D-line and a very average O-line. We have an inexperienced QB who right now melts under pressure. The positives are young guys will get a year of experience and maybe some new guys come in and fill some spots.

Iowa has too many JRs & SRs to consider this a rebuilding year.

Hey, I found my positive. I don't have to feel no anxiety the rest of this season because today proved they are not going to do anything worthwhile. I can spend the rest of my 'fall' saturdays to do other things.

But, I can't wait for basketball, could be exciting:)

Talk about jumping off the ledge. This is by far the toughest defense we will face this year. The coaches decided to play not to lose and once again our conservative nature killed us. When the coaches are that conservative it signals clearly to the players that the coaches are not confident in them, then they get conservative too. Poor coaching today, and I almost never blame the coaching, unlike most people on here.

I don't buy we played not to lose we ran the no huddle, I don't see it, we just got beat, you know why we aren't that good, cause we aren't. This isn't last year we don't got an nfl d-line. As much as everyone wants to claim best offence ever or whatever it's just not true, blame okeefe if it makes u feel better

I don't buy we played not to lose we ran the no huddle, I don't see it, we just got beat, you know why we aren't that good, cause we aren't. This isn't last year we don't got an nfl d-line. As much as everyone wants to claim best offence ever or whatever it's just not true, blame okeefe if it makes u feel better

We ran like 10 plays of no huddle. The offense was not allowed to get into a rythym. Awful play calling. Didn't do anything downfield, no crossing routes. We just ran simple outs and curls and were content with 3-5 yard gains. Bad coaching, definitely played not to lose. Basically took a knee with 2 minutes left in the first. Inexcusable.

We ran like 10 plays of no huddle. The offense was not allowed to get into a rythym. Awful play calling. Didn't do anything downfield, no crossing routes. We just ran simple outs and curls and were content with 3-5 yard gains. Bad coaching, definitely played not to lose. Basically took a knee with 2 minutes left in the first. Inexcusable.

We're you at the game??? How the hell do you know we ran no crossing routes, did you see no crossing routes while the tv showed the qb and o/d-line

Hey, I found my positive. I don't have to feel no anxiety the rest of this season because today proved they are not going to do anything worthwhile. I can spend the rest of my 'fall' saturdays to do other things.

There you go, my thoughts exactly.

Talk about jumping off the ledge. This is by far the toughest defense we will face this year. The coaches decided to play not to lose and once again our conservative nature killed us. When the coaches are that conservative it signals clearly to the players that the coaches are not confident in them, then they get conservative too. Poor coaching today, and I almost never blame the coaching, unlike most people on here.

I would argue that MSU will have a tougher defense when we face them. PSU had guys hurt on defense and still dominated us.
That PSU/OSU game is going to be interesting to watch. Those teams are pretty much identical.

We're you at the game??? How the hell do you know we ran no crossing routes, did you see no crossing routes while the tv showed the qb and o/d-line

Yes, because it's impossible to tell from watching tv what kind of routes are being run. Sure, you can't see everything, but we ran very conservative plays and I didn't need to be there to know that. I'm sure we ran more than 0 crossing routes, obviously I was exaggerating, but apparently you didn't pick up on that.

I would argue that MSU will have a tougher defense when we face them. PSU had guys hurt on defense and still dominated us.
That PSU/OSU game is going to be interesting to watch. Those teams are pretty much identical.

I disagree. MSU has put up good defensive #'s against some very very poor offenses. The one offense they played that was decent put up 31 on them. Also we get MSU at home and we are a totally different team at home.

One more thing. I hope Northwestern waxes Iowa next week so that Ferentz can finally see that playing conservative just doesn't cut it. If you lose, go down swinging. I remember the Indiana game back in 1988. Although a lost, HAYDEN WENT DOWN SWINGING AND IT WAS EXCITING!!!:mad::mad::mad:

One more thing. I hope Northwestern waxes Iowa next week so that Ferentz can finally see that playing conservative just doesn't cut it. If you lose, go down swinging. I remember the Indiana game back in 1988. Although a lost, HAYDEN WENT DOWN SWINGING AND IT WAS EXCITING!!!:mad::mad::mad:

is there a way to filter out freshman posts especially after Iowa loss'

They are what they are. An average team by every measure.

There is time for them to improve, but it must be at a faster rate than in years past.

The easy schedule may end up masking a lot of problems, but there are no gimmies (see Minnesota and Indiana games last year).

I see Northwestern enjoying watching the Iowa film this week....

I don't think it will be pretty as Persa will slice our D apart in the air and on the ground and the offense won't be able to keep up, 37-24 Cats.

Are you serious? your going to give up on the hawks this quick. I will still be watching every saturday. GO HAWKS!!!

Latest posts