There are 153,234,667,354 things in life to worry bout & this trophy is near last

So the trophy is pretty ghey, big deal. Win the game every year, get to a decent bowl. Rinse, repeat.

:p;):D:eek::):(:confused::mad::rolleyes::cool::eek::eek::cool::confused::mad::rolleyes::(:):eek::D;):p

The only trophy I've ever cared about is Floyd. Floyd is historical & is significant. It was the result of a bet between the governors of Iowa & Minnesota. Who gives a rat's derriere about a contrived trophy like Cy-Hawk.

My buddy, who I have gone with to at least two games in every Big Ten Stadium, greatest moment in Iowa sports did not happen at a game. Of course, we can't say that once Nebraska plays its first conference game.

It was in the mid-70's & my buddy was in school at Iowa. He was sitting at home when his neighbor came by & asked him to help carry something into his house. Well he went out & helped his neighbor carry Floyd. His neighbor was the individual wo engraved the trophy when Iowa won.

Since that day I've treated my friend like royalty. He got to carrying Floyd twice. After the engraving was completed, he also helped his neighbor put Floyd into the car.

I am not worthy to be his friend.

The real issue here is that the trophy could have been awesome, and good for the state and people of Iowa. It could have been a real conversation starter, in a good way. This is not. This is just lame.

Now if only all the fans in Trice Stadium and fans at home can hold hands and sing "We are the World with Michael Jackson" when Iowa Corn presents the trophy to the winners (or losers--depends on one's perspective if you are a winner if presented this thing) then the women's centers in both universities will have achieved their goal of promoting unity and world peace when they designed this monstrosity.

Latest posts