The Will To win Team

WDMBleacherHawk

We've had fat cats, over achievers, next man in, and cardiac cats. This team will always be remembered for me as the Will to Win team. In 20 years when Iowa has won 10 national championships ;) We will all look back at this season and remember what AC said. This was a team that could've have been great, but for what ever reason was a dropped pass from 6-6. Unacceptable.

We've had fat cats, over achievers, next man in, and cardiac cats. This team will always be remembered for me as the Will to Win team. In 20 years when Iowa has won 10 national championships ;) We will all look back at this season and remember what AC said. This was a team that could've have been great, but for what ever reason was a dropped pass from 6-6. Unacceptable.

We're also a few extra points and field goals away from being 9-3.

Whatever though, we might still go to the exact same bowl anyway.

Not trying to say this season isnt a flop, because it is. Biggest in school history. But it could've went the other way too.

We're also a few extra points and field goals away from being 9-3.

Whatever though, we might still go to the exact same bowl anyway.

Not trying to say this season isnt a flop, because it is. Biggest in school history. But it could've went the other way too.

Why does everyone like to say we're a few extra points and crap away from having a good year? It is harder to kick a ball through an upright then it is to catch a pass while wide open.

This team had the talent to go undefeated and I picked them in every game they played because on paper they really were just as good or better than ever team they played. Unfortunately it wasn't meant to be.

I'm sure there will be a season where we'll overachieve again though. Maybe next year.

This team had the talent to go undefeated and I picked them in every game they played because on paper they really were just as good or better than ever team they played. Unfortunately it wasn't meant to be.

I'm sure there will be a season where we'll overachieve again though. Maybe next year.

8 wins next year is overachieving.

I'm still standing by calling this team the Anacondas, because they CHOKE.

Why does everyone like to say we're a few extra points and crap away from having a good year? It is harder to kick a ball through an upright then it is to catch a pass while wide open.

No doubt it is, I'm just saying it could have went the other way too.

That's why this season makes no freaking sense. We could have beat arguably a top 3 team in the nation if we make an extra point and field goal or stop a fake punt.

I think Ferentz lost the team by not adapting and essentially losing the same way in all 5 games. It has to be frustrating going out there and having opposing quarterbacks knowing exactly what you're going to do.

Then you throw in Troy Johnson who should be a special teamer, and a freshman middle linebacker and you're asking way too much out of the players without switching it up.

OK, I'll bite...

I'm calling this team, "The Karaoke" team. You know, as in how amateurs sing the words in karaoke, usually with no feeling or understanding?

As we all know, after Iowa has a win, they sing the fight song... but this team sang it faster than any team in the history of the program (from what I saw after MU, MSU, and IU). Unfortunately, as in karaoke, they didn't get the meaning of the words "We will fight until we hear the final gun...".

Hence, "The Karaoke" team of 2010.

I guess you don't need the will to win to be a All American. See he just made the AFCA team.

Iowa should play in the league my son played in years ago. You know, flag, no contact and you don't even keep score. You don't really have to have a will to win to play in that league.

Latest posts