The weight issue has been overplayed and needs to stop

Joshbrown

Who else is tired of the "he needs to be doylized" cliche?

Wadley is skinny and may be our best player. Not everyone who plays football has to look like Mr. Universe. And like Xerxes said in a different thread, "If they can't catch you, then that benefits your team more than awesome blocking."

Last edited:
Since when did "doylized" just mean weight gain? I means building your body to be ready to play in the B1G. Carl Davis had to get "doylized" for a 3 years before he was ready because he came in too large, needed to lose weight and gain strength.

MVB isn't going to be mistaken for an Adonis, but he is a damn sight bigger now than when he came into Iowa. Same with Wadley, they aren't trying to add 20 lbs in one year. They tried to add a few pounds that didn't affect his quickness and speed a year. He said as much last year, he said he was 185, but hadn't lost any speed, had actually gained some.

Getting "doylized" means different things for different position groups and different players.

Since when did "doylized" just mean weight gain? I means building your body to be ready to play in the B1G. Carl Davis had to get "doylized" for a 3 years before he was ready because he came in too large, needed to lose weight and gain strength.

MVB isn't going to be mistaken for an Adonis, but he is a damn sight bigger now than when he came into Iowa. Same with Wadley, they aren't trying to add 20 lbs in one year. They tried to add a few pounds that didn't affect his quickness and speed a year. He said as much last year, he said he was 185, but hadn't lost any speed, had actually gained some.

Getting "doylized" means different things for different position groups and different players.
Oh Dean Dean Dean, he is employed by the worst future hall of fame coach there is. I mean how could you even think that strength and conditioning would help any football player improve, let alone best other athletes in an athletic event.

In fact I know this guy that is about 120 pound and almost 6' tall, I'm almost certain he "my boy" as he will be further referred to as, is probably faster than Usain Bolt who weights about 90 pounds more than my boy. I mean my boy has much less muscle which is much less wind resistance. My boy has moves like young Elvis, not the old fat and slow Elvis, just unreal. Unfortunately he's is best suited as a skill position, and as he is white, which also really matters, is unfit for receiver. #Facts

As you're long time poster on this forum, I am disappointed in your lack of knowledge and bias towards the coaching staff.

If you are 6'0" and 160lbs and trying to play B1G football. You need to be Doyalized. That doesn't mean you gotta look like Jon Cena before you can play. But you gotta get in better physical condition or you will get hurt.

I don't know about you, but I'm proud that Iowa has one of the premier strength coaches in the country. What an incredible asset for the Hawks!!

I'm tired of how everyone says "the offensive line has to work as a unit" all the time. If everyone would just focus on their job and being successful at their job, they will be fine.

I'm tired of everyone saying that a player needs game experience and the game will slow down for him..."what a stupid thing to say, time doesn't slow down for anyone, the seconds tick away at exactly the same pace every minute."

I've been working on my "analogies of idiocy" comments. How did I do?

Who else is tired of the "he needs to be doylized" cliche?

Wadley is skinny and may be our best player. Not everyone who plays football has to look like Mr. Universe. And like Xerxes said in a different thread, "If they can't catch you, then that benefits your team more than awesome blocking."
Oh man do I feel stupid. When I saw the title of this thread I thought it would be an article on Bret Bielema. I don't know how large he has become, but I know I have an 80 inch flat screen TV and his sideline image doesn't fit.

Latest posts