The Warriors are for sale...

icwesthawkeye

go after Don Nelson. I know it's a long shot and he probably won't do any recruiting, but hire a couple of young recruiters and let Neli do his business. He can't need the money but maybe he would like to put some relevance back in Iowa basketball. I know, I know, but I'm looking for someone who can come in and make a difference quickly, kill me.

Hang Loose

go after Don Nelson. I know it's a long shot and he probably won't do any recruiting, but hire a couple of young recruiters and let Neli do his business. He can't need the money but maybe he would like to put some relevance back in Iowa basketball. I know, I know, but I'm looking for someone who can come in and make a difference quickly, kill me.

Hang Loose

Worst. Idea. Ever

Don is at least 147 years old

Interesting idea.... my only concern would be Don's health. I went to a Timberwolves game last year and was standing in the tunnel when the teams came back after the second half. Don looked like he could keel over at any time. I mean he's a huge guy but it wasn't like he was insanely overweight, he just didn't look..... healhty at all. Hard to describe or put a finger on it.

Of course if you get him out of the stress of a day to day NBA job who knows.

I don't think Nelly will quit NBA coaching when he has the possibility of becoming the all time winningest coach in NBA history towards the end of this season.

How about this for a coaching staff.

Head Coach -- Don Nelson
Asst Coach -- Steve Forbes(head coach in waiting)
Asst Coach -- Jason Shay
Asst Coach -- Kevin Gamble

This would be awesome.

Everyone is making a big fuss over style of play, wanting uptempo basketball, then go hire his son Don Nelson Jr. The Hawks would score 120 a game, but give up 140, but hey it would be entertaining.:D

I still say that Larry Krystkowiak is a possibility. Barta hired him at Montana, he won there. Went to the NBA and didn't stick with the Bucks, but who does. I saw that Katz mentioned his name for another college coaching gig, seams at least plausible and maybe a decent hire.

A part of me wonders if Barta is going to throw us a curveball with his hire. There are a lot of names out there and there are a ton of factors to consider beside money as to weather someone is interested in the Iowa job.

Did someone mention the Golden State Warriors?

lj.jpg

Latest posts