The Verdict Is In

OkstHawk

Sorry fellas but the verdict is in. Brian Ferentz was a bad hire. Same old mistakes coming out of the bye week. Same misguided strategy, same inability to make adjustments, same old same old. It's bad enough that Iowa is irrelevant in the BIG West before November, but who would have thought that we'd be the least relevant program nationally in our own state? That should never ever be the case. So here's my question. Suggestions for who you think you'd like to hire if we had to do this all over again?

Looks like same offense as majority of the past 20 years.. regardless of coordinator.

Pretty sure their are stats that would back that up...

I'm still waiting for the "majority" of posters on this board who are Ferentz supporters to come on down and tell us what we're missing. Have the guts to chastise and call out anyone critical of the coaching performance this season early in the week. Where were we wrong fellas? Well...we're waiting.

Sorry fellas but the verdict is in. Brian Ferentz was a bad hire. Same old mistakes coming out of the bye week. Same misguided strategy, same inability to make adjustments, same old same old. It's bad enough that Iowa is irrelevant in the BIG West before November, but who would have thought that we'd be the least relevant program nationally in our own state? That should never ever be the case. So here's my question. Suggestions for who you think you'd like to hire if we had to do this all over again?
My first suggestion would be someone not related to the head coach.

Also, Miller said BF was a great hire and Jon had really high expectations for him as OC. So applying the Miller rules of reasoning means that Jon must be demanding BF’s termination.

There's no way anyone can defend the hire of someone with no play calling experience at a Big10 school. It's nepotism, cronyism and a complete joke.

There's no way anyone can defend the hire of someone with no play calling experience at a Big10 school. It's nepotism, cronyism and a complete joke.
And unfortunately the joke is on the players and those of us who are gullible enough to think we might somehow be a nationally relevant program again.

I'm still waiting for the "majority" of posters on this board who are Ferentz supporters to come on down and tell us what we're missing. Have the guts to chastise and call out anyone critical of the coaching performance this season early in the week. Where were we wrong fellas? Well...we're waiting.

I'm frustrated. I've also been critical today, and other days. Days like today test my resolve. Plenty to be critical about.

There are levels.....

I'm frustrated. I've also been critical today, and other days. Days like today test my resolve. Plenty to be critical about.

There are levels.....
For me it's just the constant head banging against the wall over and over when there are clearly better ways. I would be shocked if a decent high school coach couldn't come up with a better gameplan than we saw today with two weeks to prepare for NW's bad defense. I am stunned but guess I shouldn't be at this point...it's what I've come to expect unfortunately.

For me it's just the constant head banging against the wall over and over when there are clearly better ways. I would be shocked if a decent high school coach couldn't come up with a better gameplan than we saw today with two weeks to prepare for NW's bad defense. I am stunned but guess I shouldn't be at this point...it's what I've come to expect unfortunately.

Today was tough. Great offensive start...no points.