The U of I needs help understanding Iowa fans and getting them to buy tickets?

Probably the best move Barta's made in awhile, actually. Not that the bar has been set too high lately.
It won't help. It's extremely difficult to get customers back after you lose them. An undefeated 2015 regular season couldn't do it. Gutless Gary's season tickets have exceeded the price that fans are willing to pay. He has completely ignored the students for the past 20 years. The life blood that feeds future season ticket sales.

It won't help. It's extremely difficult to get customers back after you lose them. An undefeated 2015 regular season couldn't do it. Gutless Gary's season tickets have exceeded the price that fans are willing to pay. He has completely ignored the students for the past 20 years. The life blood that feeds future season ticket sales.
60”+ flat screens have a lot to do with it too. You can see so much more of the game, in better detail, for pennies. And you don’t have to fight crowds, weather, bathrooms, find a DD if you drink, pay $40 for shitty nachos and popcorn, or get home late if you’re from out of town.

I get the “you can’t beat the game in person” crowd and I like going to games myself, but with high def and surround sound today, it’s only going to cut crowds more and more for most teams outside the top 25. Which is us.

I cannot imagine why, with all the belly aching about Iowa's relationship with their fans, anyone would think this is a bad idea. And, I don't understand why anyone would hope it would fail. Admitting the problem is the first step to resolution. I am glad that logic has been applied.

This ain’t just a weak Survey Monkey. Looks like GarBar is looking to outsource ticket sales, marketing and customer service. I would imagine “build a building” Gary sees savings in reducing employee benefits, pensions, etc. Stop the hemmhoraging in ticket sales and bolster the $1.8 million surplus.

Thanks O....

Always easier (and most cost effective) to keep a current customer than find a new one. If you understand that...you listen to the ones you have. Many a good company has gone down by thinking "we're still making money, what's the problem?".. and not doing so.

GarBar fail.

Everyone knows the UofI's athletic marketing dept has been trash for a long time.
Maybe they could just clone a few of the guy that produces the football videos?

I cannot imagine why, with all the belly aching about Iowa's relationship with their fans, anyone would think this is a bad idea. And, I don't understand why anyone would hope it would fail. Admitting the problem is the first step to resolution. I am glad that logic has been applied.
It's a poor attempt at a bad idea. It doesn't address the problem.

This ain’t just a weak Survey Monkey. Looks like GarBar is looking to outsource ticket sales, marketing and customer service. I would imagine “build a building” Gary sees savings in reducing employee benefits, pensions, etc. Stop the hemmhoraging in ticket sales and bolster the $1.8 million surplus.

Thanks O....
He gambled on being able to hold Iowa fans hostage with priority seating, FAIL.

Most season ticket holders I know, including myself, gave up their season tickets with the latest kinnick reseating. Once i got out of the loop I've had no desire to go back in. 12 years of season tickets, concessions, and tailgating...and I gave it all up as easily as a dry fart on a windy day.

The UI gambled thinking they could gouge people and reset priority and reseat the entire stadium and it seems to have backfired miserably.

As for carver...that thing has a lot of issues including the product on the court itself.

Most season ticket holders I know, including myself, gave up their season tickets with the latest kinnick reseating. Once i got out of the loop I've had no desire to go back in. 12 years of season tickets, concessions, and tailgating...and I gave it all up as easily as a dry fart on a windy day.

The UI gambled thinking they could gouge people and reset priority and reseat the entire stadium and it seems to have backfired miserably.

As for carver...that thing has a lot of issues including the product on the court itself.
Many truths here.

selltickets.png

I'm not a high-tech advertising/sales firm, but the big draw of college athletics is the student section. Until every student seat is filled, I'll never understand charging a single penny to students. Not only should student basketball tickets be free, but they should be giving away pizza, shirts, ANYTHING to avoid the recent pathetic turn outs.

Rough guesstimation... CHA holds 15,500. Let's assume the student section is 1/4 of the capacity, =3875 seats. Student tickets to mens basketball is $75/season. Therefore, the student section, if sold out = $290,625/year.

I'm sure that number is an amount that could be swallowed, and I'd argue that a full student section would increase every fan's experience exponentially, leading to more ticket sales, and higher ticket prices for the public. BUT, if they couldn't handle that loss of revenue, you could raise the price of every other "pubic" ticket by $1.50.
(11,625 seats not occupied by students x 15 home games x $1.50.) = $261.563

I guess I am curious to know why you believe that it won't address the problem, when we don't even know what the plan involves. Come on...keep an open mind!
Do you think Iowa fans haven't shared their opinions with the AD, ad nauseum, through email, polls, questionnaire, phone calls and in person? We know what Barta's priorities are and we know what puts butts in the seats for athletic competition. This is not a subject that needs outside ideas. The quality and price of the product has exceeded demand. The AD can either put a better product on the field or lower prices. We all know that Gutless Gary won't make the necessary changes to coaching staffs, to put a better product on the field. He has removed that option with his contracts and buy outs. So, he has to lower the price. Which he doesn't want to do if he wants to stay in the black. All of the lipstick in these marketing firms cannot change the facts of this equation.

This part made me chuckle ...

Athletics administrators have not made public the amount they expect to pay for an outside agency’s fan and ticketing work, and bids are due back April 12. The intent, though, is to award a two-year contract, with an option for three one-year extensions, with a pricing model based on revenue sharing and emphasizing new business.

Does this guy know no other way to do business? Classic Gar-Bar ... Clandestine verbals leading to lopsided, front-loaded guarantees and low-bar bonuses. Might as well sign 'em up for the 5 years, right now. Worry about the performance and RoI, later.;)o_O

As lightning1 pointed out ... listening to a fan base that's been willingly offering reasonable solutions for years is frickin' FREE! Cripes for the cost of a few lunches and donuts, have a series of roundtables with the intent of actual implementation and you'd have just as effective results at a fraction of the cost that GarBar is certain to commit to.

This part made me chuckle ...

Athletics administrators have not made public the amount they expect to pay for an outside agency’s fan and ticketing work, and bids are due back April 12. The intent, though, is to award a two-year contract, with an option for three one-year extensions, with a pricing model based on revenue sharing and emphasizing new business.

Does this guy know no other way to do business? Classic Gar-Bar ... Clandestine verbals leading to lopsided, front-loaded guarantees and low-bar bonuses. Might as well sign 'em up for the 5 years, right now. Worry about the performance and RoI, later.;)o_O

As lightning1 pointed out ... listening to a fan base that's been willingly offering reasonable solutions for years is frickin' FREE! Cripes for the cost of a few lunches and donuts, have a series of roundtables with the intent of actual implementation and you'd have just as effective results at a fraction of the cost that GarBar is certain to commit to.
Gutless Gary doesn't want to change anything. He wants a clever marketing ploy to net some new fish. That's it and that's all.