The time has come

CONDUCT

I have always been a HUGE fan of the Iowa Hawkeyes and a bigger fan of Hawkeye football. My very 1st game ever will be tomorrow against Ball St. I have been to Iowa City many times across the street from Kinnick Stadium visiting not willingly the I of U Hospital several times. Not in 3 yrs though knock on wood. But that is another story.
Tomorrow game sounds cold an wet but I am sure my blood and excitement will keep me warm.
I would also like to mention I scored Big 10 opener Homecoming game ticket to Penn St. It was given to me so I could not turn down not 1 but 2 Hawkeye football games back to back.
Don't know what to expect tomorrow but I am sure it will be fun rain or shine, cold or hot.
GL tomorrow Hawkeyes and kick some a$$!!!! :)

hope you enjoy your first game! glad to hear you're doing better with whatever put you in the UI hospital. you will really have fun at the games!

Yes indeed good to see your doing better, amen to that! And you will expect to see a sea of black n gold!!!! Nothing beats Saturdays in Iowa City, just amazing stuff. You know the ol quote from Rudy? "This is the best sight these eyes have ever seen" that is my words exactly when I go into Kinnick Stadium and arrive to iowa city. I think I kind of say that every time I go into Kinnick stadium. lol

Consider the Ball St game as an appetizer. The Penn St game will be several notches above the Ball St game. Homecoming, night game, national audience,......get there early and soak all in.

It's pretty much already been said, but take in what you see tomorrow and then flush it, because there's a Night and Day difference (literally this year) between Ball State and Penn State.

Enjoy your time in IC, I have yet to experience a game day atmosphere anywhere else like the one at Kinnick!

What everyone else is saying here. I had been to about 15 day games before I went to my first night game last year against Michigan. It literally is a day and night difference. You will be taken away your first time tomorrow being your first time there...but hold onto your shorts for what you will experience against Penn State. There is something about when you first walk into the stadium as night that just gives you goosebumps.

Now seeing these responses just got me amped!!

I think my blood pressure just jumped...
My wife is going to feel embarrassed tomorrow when I look like a little kid in a candy store at the game.

My father has been guilt tripping my wife all week cause I scored the Ball St. game tickets. He called her yesterday and said you know it is going to be really cold and you have to like football to have a ticket to the Hawkeye game. LOL total guilt tripping.

The wife had me pick her up 2 energy drinks for the early morning drive. I told her I don't need energy drink I will be on a full day adrenaline rush going to and watching the game.

LOL...If it's your first game you will be definetily stunned. That being said, wait until the Big Ten opener/Penn St game. It will be an experience you will never, ever forget. Of course, your first game will be awesome too, but the Penn st game will be head and shoulders above it. It's Big Ten football/Tailgaiting at it's finest my friend.

Yeah good thing that your going to the Ball State game first because the Penn State game may have been too big of a shock. Have fun man GO HAWKS

Just make sure you are in the stadium early enough (which I'm sure you will be, as it is usually 5 to 10 minutes before kickoff) to watch the jumbotron showing the Hawks walking down the tunnel to the field with black in black blarring from the speakers.

Just make sure you are in the stadium early enough (which I'm sure you will be, as it is usually 5 to 10 minutes before kickoff) to watch the jumbotron showing the Hawks walking down the tunnel to the field with black in black blarring from the speakers.

I should be in Iowa City around 9ish AM. What time should I get ready and jump on the Hawkeye Express? We are taking the train up to the stadium.

Bet your right.. maybe less....

I haven't missed a game inside the hallowed walls of Kinnick Stadium for over 7 years now, and I still can't sleep more than about 4 hours the night before a game! Enjoy your 1st game, and I will guarantee you'll back for many more!

I should be in Iowa City around 9ish AM. What time should I get ready and jump on the Hawkeye Express? We are taking the train up to the stadium.

It will be up and running by time you get into town at 9am, since you won't really be doing any tailgating, I would hop on it right away and it drops you off right at Kinnick on the West side, so I would walk around Melrose for a little while (the street on the South side of Kinnick where you will be dropped off) and check things out then head into Kinnick around 10 am to watch warmups and soak everything in since this is your first time.

Honestly, I would hop on the first train you can, and get up to Melrose and take in some of the atmosphere up there before heading into the stadium. (Make sure you touch Nile's helmet for good luck on the way in!:))

Latest posts