The talking heads are dunning for Alabama

HawkeyeTech

to be in the Playoffs after they got blown out by Auburn today. I wish someone would show me where their good wins are. They've beaten two weak ranked teams, LSU and Mississippi State. Their schedule is bad. Their rationale is that "It's Alabama". My take on that is, "So what?"

You don't even reach the championship game of your own conference you don't deserve to be in the playoffs, period.

I agree with this. Unfortunately, the committee already set precedent when they put Ohio State in the playoff after not making the B1G championship game.

And this, is how we will get to an 8 team playoff, which I am highly in favor of.
I personally like the current format of four. 8/9 would be complaining about being shutout. But eight teams would allow easier guidelines like conference champion automatic qualifiers.

I personally like the current format of four. 8/9 would be complaining about being shutout. But eight teams would allow easier guidelines like conference champion automatic qualifiers.

I just like the idea of 5 p5 conference winners in, and 3 at large picks for debate. If you're 9-12, meh, you likely have 2+ losses...no soup for you.

to be in the Playoffs after they got blown out by Auburn today. I wish someone would show me where their good wins are. They've beaten two weak ranked teams, LSU and Mississippi State. Their schedule is bad. Their rationale is that "It's Alabama". My take on that is, "So what?"
If a overrated OSU team can get in like last year, Bama will be in this year, and probably in the title game

Bama will finish 3rd in their conference but be considered one of the top 4 teams in the nation... no

Also Ohio State didn’t deserve to be there last year, but I’m all for Pedo state getting the short end of the stick.

I agree with this. Unfortunately, the committee already set precedent when they put Ohio State in the playoff after not making the B1G championship game.
Last I checked, the committee doesn’t meet in a courthouse. Precedent doesn’t mean anything four years in unless the committee wants it to.

I never thought I would say this but I hate it and wish we would go back to the computer. These fucking committee's are doing all they can to make sure that bama, OSU, okie and Clemson are the 4. I bet bama could be 1-11 and they would still tell you how they deserve it.