The Shadow on Coaching changes and Rumors

O

OO44

My Dark Friend called me with his mouth in overdrive after an excessive amount of Starbucks consumption this morning. He had talked to his friend Harry the Hat AKA the Mouth of the South in Knoxville, Tennessee. Here are the scenarios:

Texas A&M-Mike Sherman was fired because A&M doesn't want to lose Kevin Sumlin to Arizona State. Should Sumlin decline look for Kirby Smart, Alabama DC.

Texas-Mack Brown is being asked to move to the AD job. Nick Saban was offered $40-50 million or the moon whichever is higher. He declined. Saban was asked for three names he would reccommend. They are as follows:

1. Gary Patterson
2. Kirk Ferentz
3. Bobby Petrino

Tennessee-They are considering firing Derek Dooley and making a run for Jeff Fisher.

Last edited by a moderator:
You are seriously one of the creepiest people I have ever had a chance to converse with. Please never come near my children.

They cant have him. We could raise more money if need be. But there is no way we let a 7 win KF leave town.

Chad

Why would KF leave for Texas? If he's not going to PSU why to Texas, where they are ruthless unless you win 10 games every year- see Mack Brown. he has the perfect scenario in Iowa, win 7 go to a bowl and everyone is happy. Take home the paycheck.

KF isn't going anywhere

Why would KF leave for Texas? If he's not going to PSU why to Texas, where they are ruthless unless you win 10 games every year- see Mack Brown. he has the perfect scenario in Iowa, win 7 go to a bowl and everyone is happy. Take home the paycheck.

KF isn't going anywhere

Yeah not even close...everybody happy, now that is a joke.

KF isn't going anywhere

Everyone is happy with 7-5? Not by a longshot.

And to compare the PSU job to the Texas job right now... Seriously? Have you been hiding under a rock the past month or so?

Everyone is happy with 7-5? Not by a longshot.

And to compare the PSU job to the Texas job right now... Seriously? Have you been hiding under a rock the past month or so?

Nope, but KF was not going to take the PSU job even without all the uncertainties. And I still think KF would be more likely to take the PSU job at current state than the TX job just due to the environment.

WHARRRGRRBL!! TEH SHAD'OH KNOWZZ!! KERRT FRENTZ T'TEXASS!!1!
oo44, you are a some piece of work

What if Kirk wants a new challenge and is offered $6 mil a year and direct access to America's most fertile recruiting territory. He would finally have consistent talent to make his conservative style look Sabenesque like he envisioned and Ken could install his Allegheny spread because Kirk would be assured that he actually had the talent to execute such a complex offense.

Do you really think that KF would take a job at an institution that just fired one of his best friends in coaching?

Run back to the cocoon as your drink is waiting.

Hey folks read the post clearly. It says Nick Saban recommended those three. If true, it shows how highly Kirk is regarded by one of his peers. Fans and posters can critique Kirk all they want but his peers know what kind of man and coach he is.

I doubt very much Kirk would move to Texas. I dont think it fits his lifestyle. He will probably stay at IOwa until he retires and that is fine with me.

He is not saying that Texas is after Kirk. Looks to be like he is saying that Saban recommended Kirk to Texas. Now whether they actually contact him or if he is even interested in the job is unknown.

Everybody needs to just calm down.