The Rose Bowl: What could have been?

troy

Would have the Big Ten and the Rose Bowl have been better off with Texas and Oklahoma as potential participants rather than Colorado and Utah? The answer seems obvious. Maybe Delany was thinking Texas would go to the Big Ten. Besides negative publicity, that's the only reason I can think of why he didn't take Mizzou and Kansas and detonate the Big 12. Regardless of who Delany picks up, even if it's Notre Dame, the Rose Bowl won't be what it could have been.

Would have the Big Ten and the Rose Bowl have been better off with Texas and Oklahoma as potential participants rather than Colorado and Utah? The answer seems obvious. Maybe Delany was thinking Texas would go to the Big Ten. Besides negative publicity, that's the only reason I can think of why he didn't take Mizzou and Kansas and detonate the Big 12. Regardless of who Delany picks up, even if it's Notre Dame, the Rose Bowl won't be what it could have been.

Not saying those two schools will ever make it but I don't think we need to worry about that for a while

Not saying those two schools will ever make it but I don't think we need to worry about that for a while

What I was getting at was from a Big Ten perspective, not necessarily an Iowa perspective. The possibility of having Texas and OU in the Rose Bowl make it a better overall game than Utah and Colorado.

Latest posts