The real reson we didn't land French.

Oregon coaches have been on record as saying they don't necessarily recruit talent, they recruit speed. Their entire philosophy is to recruit the fastest kids whether or not they have the football talent and then put them in the best spots to help the team.

So their facilities aren't the only things on the cutting edge?

As long as we continue to play 1980s style football there is no way Iowa will ever compete for an NC.

Oregon coaches have been on record as saying they don't necessarily recruit talent, they recruit speed. Their entire philosophy is to recruit the fastest kids whether or not they have the football talent and then put them in the best spots to help the team.

John Wooden himself said, I'll take the quick player over the big one anyday. Because if I get there first, it doesn't matter how big (or strong) you are.

Don't you dare make fun of Brooksie's recorder.

That is funny. Wonder if Brooksie goes back and physically cuts and splices the tape to get his sound bites? It is definitely an art getting the diagonal cut just right and adhesive taping the magnetic tape so it doesn't catch on the capstans or muck up the play heads.

Maybe we don't get the recruits due to a **** poor fanbase with really bad attitudes even though the last 3 years were some of the best in school history.........NO CANT BE THAT!!!!

This is not a huge loss for Iowa at all. The kid is a talented athlete but its a stretch for him to be considered a must get player. I can't believe how upset fans get when we lose a recruit. I don't see him making any kind of an impact at Oregon on either side of the ball. Nice kid, not a great FB player. I think his name just has a ring to it and probably got him an extra star.

Your last sentence leads me to believe your post is meant as a joke. In the event you are serious, I would think if Iowa offered him a scholarship, they felt he could play and they weren't doing it for benevolent reasons.

Just in case you guys don't know...college football is the biggest moneymaker in all of sports for the U.S. These facilities are top notch and we have no one else to thank other than Knight himself. It's amazing what a billionaire with a certain level of devotion to his alma mater can do huh. If I was a kid and had a chance to play college football...I don't know if I would even choose Iowa right now despite the fact that I have grown up a Hawk fan. This season has downright disturbed me like no other...and I would not be hasty in a decision between Iowa and other programs. Sorry, but it's the realistic way of thinking when it concerns football recruits and the type of tumultous season that we have recently experienced.

The real reason he went there is because the school colors are damn near the same as his high school colors.

John Wooden himself said, I'll take the quick player over the big one anyday. Because if I get there first, it doesn't matter how big (or strong) you are.

Hard to argue with the Wizard of Westwood! Although I will say that's a bit of BS given the fact that he had bad knees Bill Walton who wasn't fast at all just huge. Oh and he also had a guy by the name of Lew Alcindor who wasn't that fast but could flat out play.

Latest posts