the real difference between mj and lebron

The biggest difference (in the eyes of many) is that Jordan came out after his Frosh year and worked his way up to greatness and a title.

LeBron walks in with a "Chosen One" tatoo on his back. (please) And when he decides to go free agent and try another team (which is fine)... he has a freakin TV special called "THE DECISION".

Narcissism is so much more common in the 21st century (and especially in the NBA)...that many don't notice it.

The biggest difference (in the eyes of many) is that Jordan came out after his Frosh year and worked his way up to greatness and a title.

LeBron walks in with a "Chosen One" tatoo on his back. (please) And when he decides to go free agent and try another team (which is fine)... he has a freakin TV special called "THE DECISION".

Narcissism is so much more common in the 21st century (and especially in the NBA)...that many don't notice it.

Don't know too much about Jordan do you?

new info...jordan came out after frosh yr...dont know where that came from as he played 3 yrs in college. maybe he didnt take any classes and just played ball and therefore was still academically a frosh.

The difference right now is many. James has many years ahead of him but right now IMO James can't hold MJ's jock when comparing them as players.. That is a fact!!

- 6 NBA Titles
- 5 Time NBA MVP
- 10 NBA Scoring Titles
- 3 Time NBA Steal Leader
- 9 First Team Defensive Selections
- Defensive Player of the Year Awards
- NCAA National Championship
- Naismith College Player of the Year
- John R Wooden Award Winner

I think MJ is the best as of now.....

LaBron is the best active player in the NBA, no doubt in my mind.....

I really do not understand the pure hatred for LeBron. He is intense on the floor, but seems to be well respected by his peers. His attitude, after the championship game was admirable. He personally spent time with every member of the Thunder and there was mutual respect. Both teams were gracious. It was somewhat unusual and good to see.....

It appears that people outside the city limits of Cleveland hate LeBron for leaving. He would have been a Fool to stay.....

:)

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MT1jgFZZryE]LeBron James Arrogant Answer to his Haters along with Dwayne Wade - YouTube[/ame]

I know plenty about Jordan. And if you're referring to his ego, competitive...sometimes overbearing presence at practice and with his teammates, etc yeah. All true, and well documented. He could be as difficult as anybody. And from what I've read of him, it all stemmed from his burning desire to win.

But I missed the part where he had his own TV special, and a pompous "I'm god's gift to basketball" tatoo (or whatever his was)...before he ever played a minute in the NBA.

Perhaps it's generational. So be it. I'm impressed with performance...not posturing.

The biggest diff (IMHO) is that James was "anointed" from day 1. Jordan was not. He built his rep thru his play. James has spent his career trying to match the hype.

I know plenty about Jordan. And if you're referring to his ego, competitive...sometimes overbearing presence at practice and with his teammates, etc yeah. All true, and well documented. He could be as difficult as anybody. And from what I've read of him, it all stemmed from his burning desire to win.But I missed the part where he had his own TV special, and a pompous "I'm god's gift to basketball" tatoo (or whatever his was)...before he ever played a minute in the NBA.Perhaps it's generational. So be it. I'm impressed with performance...not posturing.The biggest diff (IMHO) is that James was "anointed" from day 1. Jordan was not. He built his rep thru his play. James has spent his career trying to match the hype.

i think he was referring to your saying jordan came out after his frosh yr. he didnt...he played 3 yrs in college.

The real difference between the 2 is that MJ was a way more clutch and better shooter overall. LeBron is great, but he's not the best shooter is all.

For those of you looking for that subdued, humble superstar in the NBA is looking at the wrong sport. To play at that level these players need to have mental toughness that can be seen as ego & cocky. I could care less what either guy does off the court, nobody is perfect and I am sure LeBron has skeletons in his closet. I really could care less who is the better person off the court, it is what they do on it that really matters.

On the court I see skills and physical ability in Lebron that may exceed Jordans but what I don't see is the competitiveness and mental toughness in Lebron that we all seen in Jordan. Jordan never lost in the NBA Finals, he took his game to another level when the Bulls got close. For Lebron the 3rd time was the charm and for someone with his abilities he should have had more by now. My question is now that he finally has gotten that championship will he continue playing like he is hungry for more or will he be satisfied? Jordan was never satisfied and constantly wanted to prove he was the best, I question if Lebron has the same desire.

ah, my bad. I was thinking about him winning the NCAA title in his Freshman year.

James Worthy is the reason UNC won the title that year. For all the hate on Lebron, people seem to forget that until Scottie and Horace came along to help him, Michael didn't win jack for like 8 years.

Also, something interesting to ponder, when Michael left the Bulls, they still went to the Eastern Finals. When Lebron left the Cavs, they immediately became the worst team in the league.

James Worthy is the reason UNC won the title that year. For all the hate on Lebron, people seem to forget that until Scottie and Horace came along to help him, Michael didn't win jack for like 8 years.

Also, something interesting to ponder, when Michael left the Bulls, they still went to the Eastern Finals. When Lebron left the Cavs, they immediately became the worst team in the league.

If Lebron was to leave the Heat they would still be a pretty good playoff team. DWade won a NBA championship without Lebron and the Heat were a playoff team before Lebron & Bosh arrived.

If Lebron was to leave the Heat they would still be a pretty good playoff team. DWade won a NBA championship without Lebron and the Heat were a playoff team before Lebron & Bosh arrived.

How many playoff series did Bosh and Wade win in the four years before they joined up with LeBron?

How many playoff series did Bosh and Wade win in the four years before they joined up with LeBron?

None, but I fail to see what point you are supporting as both played on separate teams. Miami was a solid playoff team with Wade and Toronto was a borderline playoff team with Bosh. Just by adding Bosh you made Miami a title contender, Lebron put them over the top.

BTW, I see all the comments about how bad the Cavs were after Lebron left. Since I was forced to look at Toronto it appears they took a nose dive also once Bosh left. While it was not a best record to worst it was a playoff contending team to one of the worst records (18 win difference).

Still have to go with MJ. He was money when it counted and until this year James has disappeared. He did fine this year. Now do it again and again and you may reach mj.

Latest posts