The problem with the "Mad again" campaign is

....it's poor timing, because with the expansion to 96 teams, it's hard to get excited about the Hawks getting into the "big dance", because the NCAA is letting "everybody" in now...so now it won't be special to get in the tourney, it will be expected...

in theory --the Hawks could finish 7th in the Big 10, at 9-9 with a 19-10 overall record...and still get in the 96 team field...rewarded for mediocrity...

The Hawks will play 32 games next year,so 19-10 is not possible.
The expansion is not likely to occur for two years.
Finally, I do think that if Iowa goes 9-9 in the league,and goes like 12-2 in the non-conference..ie, 21-11 overall,then wins a couple in the BTT,23-12, they should be in consideration in a 64 team tourny. Mr. Davis had the run of 9 out of 13 with some years of those kinds of records. Getting into the tourny has gotten tougher over the years as the number of Div 1 schools has increased from 240 to 350.
Dr Toms non-conference schedules were notoriously weak,but we still got in with a 10-8 big ten record....or even 9-9. Nowadays...non-conference wins over tough tourny teams are required.

I am not a big fan of expansion,but I still think making it in 2012 would be a huge step for Fran.

No, the problem with the ad campaign is simple. I'm tired of being mad. I want to be happy. I want to be excited. I want to sit on the edge of my seat and be thrilled with the effort. I'm tired of being mad.

Whoever came up with this slogan should be fired.

No, the problem with the ad campaign is simple. I'm tired of being mad. I want to be happy. I want to be excited. I want to sit on the edge of my seat and be thrilled with the effort. I'm tired of being mad.

Whoever came up with this slogan should be fired.
It was the coaches quote. The University, the fans, and players cant handle another coach being fired, especially this fast.

Yeah, i would be ****** if Iowa made the NCAA because it has 96 teams.......oh wait, we won 10 freaking games this past season. I think i would be pretty happy

Yeah, i would be ****** if Iowa made the NCAA because it has 96 teams.......oh wait, we won 10 freaking games this past season. I think i would be pretty happy
Agreed, that would mean we are one of the best 100 teams out of 300 some, not one of the bottom 100 teams.

I, for one will not be any less happy...

....it's poor timing, because with the expansion to 96 teams, it's hard to get excited about the Hawks getting into the "big dance", because the NCAA is letting "everybody" in now...so now it won't be special to get in the tourney, it will be expected...

in theory --the Hawks could finish 7th in the Big 10, at 9-9 with a 19-10 overall record...and still get in the 96 team field...rewarded for mediocrity...

the next time Iowa makes the tournament, and whether it is a 64 or 96-team field will not impact my level of happiness whatsoever.

Currently 64 of approximately 347 Division I basketball teams make it into the tourney, or about 19 percent. 64 of 120 Division I-A football teams make it to a bowl, or 53 percent of the teams. If football were equal to basketball, about 22 teams would make it to a bowl.

I don't know if expanding the field to 96 is the right or wrong thing, but I don't see it as the huge problem that many are making it out to be.

Do not compare the Bowls to the NCAA BBALL Tourney. Apples and Oranges. 65 Teams earn the right to play for the National Championship in BBALL. In Football only 2 teams earn the right to play for the National Championship.

A more realistic comparison is that of the FCS 16 team Tourney for Football. But comparing it to the Bowl System does not compare to the BBall Tourney at all. Poor Arguement.

Latest posts